CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 24, 2004, 12:07 AM

Default bigger hdd for xbox

sponsored links

i'm thinking about putting in another harddrive on my xbox... the harddrive will come from an old computer that out in 1995. neways.. i want to know how to put it in using SlaYer's EvoX autoinstaller. do i have to remove the old xbox harddrive or do i just put it somewhere else and do i put it in b4 or after i run the auto installer.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 12:51 AM

1995,eh?...hmm?...how big is that old hdd?

anyways, briefly...

1) use configmagic to unlnock your old xbox hdd, incase you wanna use it in your pc.
2) put a working copy of slayers into your xbox's dvd drive and turn it off.
3) take your xbox apart and remove old hdd, set the jumpers on your "new" hdd to cable select and bung it in there. put it all back together.
4) turn your xbox on and it'll boot up to slayers, just follow the on screen intructions.

xbox-scene has much better tutorials m8, check it out, and goodluck with that old hdd

__
arthur
Old Dec 24, 2004, 08:53 AM

hiya man, is that the only way to do it, someone said that all you have to do is remove old and put new 1 in and the xbxo does it itself. if not how to i get the dvd from if i cannot download it cheers. jamie
Old Dec 24, 2004, 06:00 PM

there is no other way to get it w. out downloading it.. unless u get a friend to do it for you.
Old Dec 25, 2004, 05:50 AM

Lightbulb

then i wud hace to send it of, or i get ya jus borrow the dvd, oh cool what bout a cdrw ppl say that works to!if u can, speak to me ova msn [email]jamie_zinc@hotmail.com[/email] coz then if i need help even more u might b able to quick if u can! thank u jamie
Old Dec 25, 2004, 12:47 PM

yea download it then pop in the cd-rw... after that... im using the smart start by the way... neways jus open nero smart start click on the cd tap at the top-right corner.. click burn image file... at the bottom of the file selection screen click iso.. then burn the iso u downloaded (SlaYer's EvoX auto-installer)