CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 21, 2005, 09:59 AM

Default DVD DW-D22A Dual Layer drive...

sponsored links

My problem with the drive is that it worked great in DVD Shrink 3.2 until I decided to go and spend $30 on 3 Dual Layer DVD+R's...

I burned one and YAY!!! IT WORKS, 8 Gigs... Wow, Spent 10 times as much as a 4.7 and got twice as much space...... After that every time I try to burn a 4.7 gig it doesn't recognizes the media after being burned. And I am not about to try another $10 dual layer if it's going to mess it up also!!!

Bought it on eBay brand new for $63, I don't know if it's even worth spending $15 to send it back, that would be $30 total in shipping to get $63 back? NO THANKS!
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:33 AM

Default DVD DW-D22A Dual Layer drive... (cont)

The firmware on the drive is BYS3.

I decided to shutdown the computer (POWER OFF) to see if it would reset something on the SONY DVD RW DW-D22A and tried again, no luck. Drive will not write to my SL (SINGLE LAYER) media again OR EVEN DOUBLE LAYER, WHO KNOWS... I'll try a double layer again and let you all know...
Old Feb 26, 2005, 03:58 PM

My DW-D22A works fine to the most part. The only problem I am having is that the DVDs I am burning cannot be read on some home DVD players. They play fine in all computer DVD players and also on one of my home DVD players but they dont play on others.

Any ideas?
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:05 PM

Default Dont be shooting blanks

Check to see if the media blanks are compatible with your DVD player. Check the owner manual to see if the media is the correct format, also try a different brand (my fave is Verbatim).

Try VideoHelp.com ***********.videohelp.com/dvdplayers to check for yor DVD Players listing, the right format aka: +R, R, +RW and RW. Check for firmware updates and other useful information.

Hope this helps

James

Last edited by Howey_1; Feb 27, 2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 11:17 PM

Thanks, James!

I checked the compatability web site and my player is suposed to support DVD+R and DVD-R but some people left reviews that some specific media didn't work for them. Among them are the ones I have tried (Sony and KHypermedia)... I also tried a DVD-RW media but, according to this web site, the player is not supporting RW.

I didn't try Verbatim - that will be my next try (what do I do with the other 50 blanks )

Thanks for the pointing me in the right direction!

Udi
Old Feb 28, 2005, 09:03 PM

Thumbs up Backum Up

They are great for backing up your PC. If you have Norton Ghost (by Symantec) it will back up onto DVD or CD. If you have a Sony PS2 it will play almost any DVD media. Music, ect. be creative.

To give a plug one of my favorite system utility is Norton SystemWorks I have been using it for almost 6 years and I like it.