CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 11, 2005, 04:24 PM

Default whats the best mod chip????

sponsored links

I would like to start making back-ups and I have a rev.1 xbox But I don't know which is the best mod chip. Could someone make some suggestions. Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:40 AM

I've used the Super Aladdin Lives' and the Xenium ICE chip. I must say the Xenium is the shizzzit! On your rev.1 xbox all you would have to solder is the lpc header in, and then 1, thats right, 1 wire. It was the easiest installation I have EVER done. And I'm NO PROFESSIONAL solderer..... Trust me on this one.
Old Feb 01, 2005, 03:58 AM

I have a Xenium ICE uptated it with all the latest stuff. The development team of these guys is awsome ... they are always giving there users new stuff.

Im very happy with this chip.The help forums are also helpful. Lotsa people there that just want to help out.

I would definately go for the Xenium ICE :-)

they even have there new solderless adaptor.... pritty neat stuff.

check it out for yourself at www.teamxodus.com
Old Feb 14, 2005, 11:25 AM

Talking Soft mod

Mod chips are a little vrappy but this is my opinion...i have a soft mod and it is awesome , they are cheap and u can get one for around 40 bucks. I recomend soft mods instead of chips.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 11:43 AM

Softmods can be even cheaper, especially if you already have some or all of the stuff needed to do it with. In my case, I was out nothing because I already had the hardware needed, I just had to get my hands on the software. Then, I wanted a bigger hard drive, so I spent 90 bucks on a 129 gb hard drive and have been happy ever since.

Asking what mod chip is the best will without a doubt leave you more confused after reading the posts than before you posted. This is because there are several out there and they all work along the same lines. Ans people like them all so they are going to recommend what worked for them. When it comes to a chip, you should get which ever has the features and compatibilities that match what you want to do.

I like softmods because you can do 99% of the stuff that a chipped box can do and doesn't cost me anything to mod my friends xbox's. The only thing that I have found that I can't do with a softmod is mess with the original boot screen or flubber. But to me thats ok because that has nothing to do with why I modded my xbox. But chips are ok too, I have an xbox with one of those too.

It's just a matter of what you like and what you want to do, how much you want to spend, or how much work you want to do to accompish your goal.
Old Mar 02, 2005, 01:49 PM

gotta say anyone who says xenium is the best is kinda in the dark

Xecuter has always been the #1 Xbox hacking team - they created the very first modchip and their latest mod X3 CE has by far more features than any other mod

Xenium is useless without bios's made by Xecutere or the likes of EvoX

The X3 Bios craps all over anything xenium can offer - they are the real hackers of the xbox scene and always have been

not to mention the best addons - the X3 Control Panel is ferking awesome - and their quality is second to none - ive fitted several hundred xecuter mods ever since they did the enigmahs back in the day - the majority of the xbox scene use xecuter products - all the other teams simple jump on the bandwagon

and the guy who says softmods are cheap ? wtf man - soft mods are FREE but you will never have the functionaility from what you get from a full on hardware mod - but its each to their own and you get the choice !

ps anyone who even attempts to use lame no solder adapters needs shooting hehe