CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 12, 2005, 12:26 AM

Default Using Cheats with AR MAX and Swap Magic

sponsored links

Someone Posted this on the forums.afterdawn.com forums but it doesn't work for me at all.

Quote:
Theoretically this should work for all cheat devices.

Tools
------

PS2
Slidecard/fliptop
Backup Game
Real AR,GS,CB
Swap Magic DVD
DVDLOADER(For this tutorial I am using the the DVDLOADERv7ALL)

Procedure
----------

- Put your cheat device in the PS2. For this tutorial I will use Codebreaker.

- Let Codebreaker load. Then Select the cheats you want, and select start game.

-In codebreaker the tray automatically opens, and that is fine. You can disable this in the options menu. When the tray opens or when you open the tray, put in the Swap Magic DVD v2.0. And press X. Swap Magic should load.

-Use the Swap/Fliptop method to load DVDLoader. Then press X.

-When DVDloader loads, press X and choose version5v2 Reboot.

-Then press eject on the PS2 and put in a real PS2 game (DVD), or just put back the Swap Magic DVD in. Now close the tray and press X.

- The Screen will turn red and prompt you to swap to your backup. Use the Fliptop/Swap method to swap to your backup.

-Press X and the game should load with the cheats!
The only thing it does for me is go to a black screen. Please help!

I have a Ver. 4 PS2, Swap Magic 2.0 DVD/Slide Card, AR Max, and DVDLOADER.

Last edited by lbrinkmeyer81; Jan 12, 2005 at 12:46 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 01:40 AM

When I tried an AR code with my Swap Magic I put in the AR disk to set the codes on then put in Swap Magic and inserted the game at the prompt. Having said that it did not work on some games (the game loaded, but the code was not active). That was with the original AR. I do have an AR Max now (I just bought an updated version from Datel as I was fed up with the Fix codes for my old version - there is no dongle now which is definite improvement). If I get the chance, I;ll give the AR Max a try tonight (I should be able to find some AR Max codes for my American GT3).

I have heard of DVDLoader, what exactly do you need that for. I've made do with just Swap Magic (admittedly V2).
Old Jan 12, 2005, 01:50 AM

Post Still Trying

Thanks for replying. I have the same problem with your method too, but thanks for your input. By the way, AR Max does have a dongle now, atleast mine does. Hopefully someone else has a response too.

Last edited by lbrinkmeyer81; Jan 13, 2005 at 12:01 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 11:50 AM

The method mentioned works fine for me with either ar max or codebreaker on my v7 the only diffrence I notice is when I boot dvdloader I don't get any options to select Version5v2 Reboot as you stated - once dvdloader loads don't hit x just eject and exchange w/ orginal ps2 dvd or swap magic - then press x to go to the red screen and do the swap method w/ the backup when prompted. Besure the orginal ps2 dvd you use is of higher TOC than the backup your trying to play, verify all codes aer entered correctly, code breaker will load to a black screen if one character is wrong in any of the lines of code active.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 01:45 PM

Thumbs up

I bought Codebreaker 8.2 and it works great! The AR Max however does not. If someone has a way to make it work with AR Max maybe I could give it to one of my friends that doesn't have a Cheat device. Thanks for all your help and if you can please try to find a way with the AR Max w/dongle.

Thanks.