CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 04, 2005, 05:36 PM

Question PS2 boots up to browser...

sponsored links

Good Evening Ladies & Gents,

I am trying to sort out a mates PS2.

It has been chipped with a Magic 3.1 (abu Dhabi...we both bought one) which was working fine booting up both original games & back-ups. Then the whole console just refused to boot anything. I have just cleaned the laser etc & now it will boot & play original games (PS2 & PS) with no problems but it always boots to browser briefly before it recognises the disc & then starts the boot-up process.

Because the console always boots to browser we have lost the ability to play back-ups as the console recognises the disc is not an original & displays the RED screen prompting for an original!

I have exactly the same model, same chip, same store & it never boots to the browser just boots the game as required.

Hope you can help.

Regards

Lammo