CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 05, 2005, 12:54 AM

Question Play backup games on new slim PS2

sponsored links

Well i got the new slim ps2 and i have been reading forums and tutorials
on how to play backup games on the ps2 with and with out mod chips
but they all seem to be only for the old ps2. Does anyone know if theres
any way to do it the new slim ps2? Does the swap disc thingy work on
it, or is there any other way? If theres no way without a mod chip
where can i find one to use on the new ps2 and about how much will
it cost to buy it and have it shipped here to the usa?
Old Feb 05, 2005, 04:25 AM

SEROUSLY! search around in google for godsake stop asking these stilly questions! maybe read the FAQ before you try and post this these questions!
Old Feb 05, 2005, 08:38 AM

Default PStwo Slim and Copied games

Swapmagic 3.3 works just fine. I use it on my PSTwo. But you need a way to open the disc drive door without telling the PS2 that you did. I bought a 3 piece plastic thing with my Swapmagic that's supposed to trip the switches and prevent the disc brake from stopping the disc, but after trying to install it, I tossed 2 of the pieces and replaced them with twist-ties (the ones wrapped around the PS2 power cables worked just fine). Held them in place with a vinyl sticker (much stronger than scotch tape and easier to remove if necessary) and my PStwo works find now with original and copied games (using SM of course). Plus I can even close the disc door, some of the mod parts don't allow you to do that. I got my SM discs and plastic stuff from consoles.com. You don't need to chip your ps2 and void the warranty in order to play backups. I won't chip my PS2 until the warranty runs out, and even then I'd only do it if the SwapMagic method stops working (like if newer games don't work with it)