CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 06, 2005, 03:50 PM

Unhappy Can Neo 2.2 cause problems with a laser

sponsored links

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I have been given a PS2 (Version 5/6) with a (what I believe to be) Neo 2.2 mod fitted to try to fix.

This console is dead....when I turn it on there is [U]NO[/U] red standby light but when I hit reset the green power light is illuminated, the tray ejects fine (the blue light works).

The PS2 boots up to browser & when I try to browse a disc (original) it states there is 'NO DATA'. I have had the lid off & cleaned the laser & rails etc but still no joy! When I try again with a disc the disc spins very slightly then stops. A little bit more delving shows the laser is not even attempting to glow red for the reflection test (which I believe happens to tell the drive to spin or not).

Now I know this points to a useless laser (HD7) but is there anyway, before I order a replacement, that the modchip could have gone faulty. I am reassured the console was working fine & then not. Taking the Neo out wont be a problem as my mate just wants it working again.

I am new to all this so I appreciate your help.

Regards

Lammo
Old Feb 07, 2005, 04:18 PM

i Think Neo 2.2 is fault why? because its the same one i had 2 years ago. it messed up my ps2 with making ANNOYING loud noises when i wanted to play games and it sucked because i needed a gameshark to boot the games. just 2 weeks ago i got a ps2 that i had 3 weeks after i lost my old ps2 and decided to put the newmodchip called Duo2 i like it no boot disc needed. hope this works