CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 08, 2005, 11:35 AM

Default Help Please Error Code 16 Can PC to XBOX fix this?

sponsored links

All

I have an xbox with X-ecuter 2 Multi bios X-killer chip installed.

Upgraded the original MS HDD with a Western Digital 120GB HDD with Slayer’s 2.5 Installer this went fine with no problems in fact I used this setup for about 2 years with no problems…..

Then I was forced to take the WD out to use as a PC drive I thought no big deal I could just put another 120GB HDD in latter…

So yesterday I installed another 120GB HDD (Maxtor DiamondMax 16) However I could not find my Slayer’s 2.5 Installer Disc so I tried the new SLAYER’s v2.6 Auto Installer.

I Burned the Slayer 2.6 to Ritek G04 Media that always worked perfect in my xbox….

I put the disc in and got ERROR 16 Red/Green Light… No matter what I do this is as far as I can get tried MANY different brands & types of media but all give the same results ERROR 16..???

The only info I can get on this issue is ….. “dashboard - Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error)” But no info for a FIX. Also slayer's FAQ has this as a clock issue.

CAN I USE MY PC CONNECTED TO THE XBOX TO SOLVE THE (Error 16 DASHBOARD ?) PROBLEM ?

Please if you can help in any way this would be VERY MUCH APPRICATED

Thanks For Your Time
Old Feb 08, 2005, 01:07 PM

Error 16 when it comes to modding, generaly means that the mod chips bios can't find the dashboard. Usually the bios is looking for a particular file name like c:\default.xbe or evox.xbe or something like that and the installer has named the dash to something that isn't on that list. Look in the Slayers package and see if you can find the name of the dash's xbe that was installed and if you can get access to modify your bios settings, change the name to match it, you should be good. You should be able to build a bootable evox cd-rw or dash or your choice and boot to that to get access by ftp to rename any files necessary.
Hope this helps

Last edited by sadalius; Feb 08, 2005 at 01:15 PM. Reason: more info on error 16
Old Feb 08, 2005, 01:38 PM

sadalius Thanks for the Support!

Please forgive me but this good advice is all a bit over my head...

If its not to much trouble could you break this down a bit?

The last Disc that worked was the Slayer's 2.5 Is this the Slayers package to find the name of the dash's xbe? Or the newer Slayer’s 2.6?

How do I get access to modify the bios settings?

Thanks Again for Your Time
Old Feb 08, 2005, 04:20 PM

Slayers 2.5 is still available. I just looked and it is at what I call the usual place. If you don't know where that is, do a search on xbox-scene's forum and you will find a tutorial there on how to access it. Download and make the disk and once you install it, you should be back in business. You would have to check with the maker of your mod chip to find out how to access it, if it is able to do that. Not really sure on mod chips. I just know that you can access some mod chips bios and change a few settings, the name and location of your dashboard being one of them. But I think using the previous version of Slayers will fix you right up.
Old Feb 08, 2005, 04:34 PM

Unfortunately that was not the case here as I located my Original Slayer’s 2.5 Install disc but still Error Code 16 persists.

I tried like 10 or 15 times but no go…..

Very good suggestion none the less Thanks
Old Feb 08, 2005, 04:38 PM

Will the xbox boot to the Slayers disk, and if so, when you run the install, does it report everything installed properly? Also, check to make sure your mod chip is turned on. And since you have used this hd in a pc, you would need to partition and format the drive for xbox use. Slayers can do that too, if you haven't already tried. If in fact you are caught in the clock loop, you would need to put the original hd back in with the original M$ dash to set the date and time, after that, slayers should run ok. If not, you probably would need to take your xbox to someone who knows how to flash the bios and upgrade the bios on the chip to a version that can handle the clock loop. I know this sounds pretty grim, but the last thing that it could possibly be is a bad hard drive, but I don't think that is the case.

Last edited by sadalius; Feb 08, 2005 at 05:00 PM. Reason: more info