CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 08, 2005, 05:21 PM

sponsored links

This ailing XBOX Will Not boot to any Slayers disk or any boot disc that I have tried.

I donít think it could be the HDD as I have tried 2 today with the exact same result.

Iím not sure I know what the Clock Loop is but it gets to the green xbox logo & then starts flashing red to green & displays the dreaded following screen. Always the same never anything different.

16 Oops! Something is wrong!
< Error Code

Dashboard files/ settings incorrect.

Could you recommend a mod-chip that might work or other solution?

Many Thanks for all the help
Old Feb 08, 2005, 05:45 PM

only other thing that I could think of would be to download and make an Ltools linux disk. This will allow you to create an xbox disk from scratch, if you have a backup copy of your c drive. You would have to put the hd that you are trying to use in your xbox into your computer with no other hard drives and boot to the cd and follow the instructions that came with the package. If you don't have your c drive backed up you can download the original msdash 4920 by searching for it and use that for your backup. You will probably have to lock the hard drive but not for sure, that depends on your mod chip I think. But once you have your xbox booting again, you should then be able to run Slayers again to reinstall your dashboard and apps. A friend of mine that has did a few mod chips says that he really likes the xecutor 3 chip. One more thing that I just thought of, make sure that your hard drive that your trying to use in your xbox is jumpered for cable select. It should work ok if it is jumpered for master, but I have ran into a couple of problems with it set to master, but it wasn't this error though.

Last edited by sadalius; Feb 08, 2005 at 05:51 PM. Reason: more info
Old Feb 08, 2005, 07:22 PM

Not much luck finding the recommended Ltools Program.

Found a Tutorial on another site using a program called xboxhdm have by any chance you ever heard of this method?

Problem is I'm not sure if either will work in my (new drive no original) case.
Old Feb 09, 2005, 10:09 AM

Some people claim there stock or special replacement drives will solve this problem (Error Code 16)

Anyone know if this is fact?
Old Feb 09, 2005, 10:10 AM

Ltools and Xboxhdm is the same program. Xboxhdm is a script that is on the Ltools disk that allows you to do many things with a hard drive. It should work ok, if your computer can boot it. I have one computer that won't, but luckily I have a couple more and they will. I would recommend looking around for the ms dash that I posted about earlier to use as the base for building the drive from scratch.
Old Feb 09, 2005, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the continued contact & support sadalius!

Not sure if I can locate my eeprom.bin for that program without access to my xbox?

That is why I asked about the Original or replacement drives for sale on auction sites.

If we can solve this Iím sure it will help many people with the same problem not just me