CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 09, 2005, 05:28 PM

sponsored links

It wil not boot to Original game disc.

But its hard for me to believe that the mod chip just happend to go bad with the HDD change...

But of course I'm not positive either way @ this point.
Old Feb 09, 2005, 05:59 PM

I've been reading on several different forums and thats what they are all saying. I even asked my friend about it and he said that was why he bought the new X3 chip was because of this very situation. He says that if your chip is capable of being taken out and flashed from a computer, it may work unless the chip is really bad. Other than that, you might ask around in the modchip install help section and see if anyone has any advice in there. At this point, I'm all outta ideas.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 06:20 AM

burnit, did you resolve this problem?...if not, and if it is a clock loop problem, try having your xbox connected to youe network when you boot off slayer's disc to rebuild your large hdd, or, look at the last post in this thread, it describes how you can make a little gizmo from an old network cable to help you bypass the clock loop thing, dunno if it'll work though, but it's gotta be worth a try...

***********.cdromguide.com/forums/showthread.phpt=266168&highlight=clock+loop

hth
__
arthur
Old Mar 15, 2005, 06:24 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur_p_huxake
burnit, did you resolve this problem?...if not, and if it is a clock loop problem, try having your xbox connected to youe network when you boot off slayer's disc to rebuild your large hdd, or, look at the last post in this thread, it describes how you can make a little gizmo from an old network cable to help you bypass the clock loop thing, dunno if it'll work though, but it's gotta be worth a try...

***********.cdromguide.com/forums/showthread.phpt=266168&highlight=clock+loop

hth
__
arthur
hey guys! i softmod my bro xbox wid SOFTMOD INSTALLER DELUXE v2.0 wid da MechAssault Install, den when im done every thing i kinda delete some of da file and reboot my xbox it gaves me on error 16. can somebody help me, pls thanks for da help!!

Last edited by smac19; Mar 15, 2005 at 06:27 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 06:30 AM

Unhappy

hey guys! i softmod my bro xbox wid SOFTMOD INSTALLER DELUXE v2.0 wid da MechAssault Install, den when im done every thing i kinda delete some of da file and reboot my xbox it gaves me on error 16. can somebody help me, pls thanks for da help!!
Old Mar 18, 2005, 02:17 AM

I am having the exact same problem... did the exact same thing too, I used to have a fine working xbox with a maxtor 120gb hdd in it, but don't have my original drive anymore... I took the 120gb out temporarily and was working fine before hand, b/c I needed to put it in my pc for more space... now that I have decided to play xbox again figured I would just put another hdd in... well, no luck, I have tried two different drives, one goes to the error 16 (that is on a brand new seagate baracuda) out of the box. the other is a 40gb seagate.

waiting in response for help
I also first used slayers 2.5, it won't go to a slayers screen, just flashes red and green with the errors.

maybe if there was an iso of an original ms drive to download and partition it on a hdd?

Last edited by jd-; Mar 18, 2005 at 02:45 AM.