CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 08, 2005, 12:15 PM

Default Newbie: Wanna buy PS2 and few Q's

sponsored links

hey guys, iv been making backups of my DVD movies I own now for over a year. I basically just use DVDShrink, but have a little expierence with DVDecrypter. But can only use that when its a small movie.

Anyway, my xbox is needing replaced or fixed. I can only play every other game because most the time it will say Xbox cannot recognize or Dirty disc. These are real store bought or Blockbuster rented games... so I was thinking of getting a PS2 this time around cuz its what my friends have....

so here is my questions:

1. which version of PS2 is best to buy? I know there are a few out there (ps2, slim, etc)

2. to make backups of my games, whats the easiest way? do I basically use DVDDecrypter and just READ ---> then WRITE to a blank dvd-r disc? sounds REALLY easy.... will I need anything like a chip or something to make this work?

sorry for the stupid questions, i know when joining a forum, everyone always flames the newbies... so Im expecting it.... i DID search and found a little info, but couldnt really find a definate answer to my questions.... just be nice guys... remember you guys were new once!
Old Feb 08, 2005, 12:58 PM

okay, looks like I found if I do the dvdecrypter way, i will need a mod chip... anyone know of the best mod chip to use and is it possible to buy a ps2 with one already in it??
Old Feb 10, 2005, 12:31 AM

Im doing the same thing! You can buy any PS2 they all ahve mod chips for them! But if you dont mind a little work Id go with SwapMagic 3.3 and slide card! Or if you have the money buy a pre-modded PS2! i perferSM myself over others! Also all I use is Alcohol 120 it works great and its burnt every game for me yet and its easy! Also you want to stay away from DVD+R, use DVD-R they work the best! And Ive been using Verbatim media and have had no problems yet! Hope this is helpful!
Old Feb 10, 2005, 11:42 AM
Veteran

Why don't you clean you disks? The ps2 has the same message idea as the xbox when it gets dirty disks.