CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:31 AM

Default Romeo Mod + Other Q's

sponsored links

Hi,

Just ordered a DMS4 EZI, so hopefully installing the chip itself shouldn't be a prob.

I am using a v9 or 10 PS2 (SCPH-50003a) - v10 I think. Anyhow, been told I need to do the romeo mod or similar. Now, I'm not too experienced with PS2 Modding, so not sure how easy it is. I have bought the recommended wire from Mr Modchips. Now all I need to do is wait for the chip and do the mods.

Anyway, Q is, is it as easy as lifting the leg off the chip, and soldering it to the 5v point? Easy enough for a newbie to do??

Next Q, modding it without the warranty label being ripped - does the hairdrier trick do the job, or any other suggestions??

Thats all I think,

Cheeeers
Old Feb 24, 2005, 05:02 PM

hair dryer is fine for the warranty sticker, just make sure it's good and hot.
The romeo mod is pretty simple, just take your time lifting the leg and make sure you have some de-solder braid just in case!

www.ghost2fitter.co.uk
For all your U.k pre mod and fitting needs.
We now have silver and crystal blue slimline pstwo's in stock!
contact us at
[email]sales@ghost2fitter.co.uk[/email]

ebay I.D ghost2_fitter