CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 16, 2005, 01:23 PM

Default Help please with softmod.

sponsored links

Hey guys,

I just bought an Xbox, I was reading I can softmod my box to let me run things like Linux or new Dashboards etc.

I have a couple of questions.

I've been to an Xbox site full of information but they don't have some info I'm looking for.

I'm looking to use some sort of exploit with MechAssault. Problem is a lot of the tutorials I've been reading have people using Xbox memory cards is there a way to get around this since I don't have one?

Is there any website or some sort of text file that walks me through everything? some of the tutorials I've been reading jump all over the place and I get lost just reading it.

Also is there some sort of Video tutorial/walkthrough for exploits/softmods??

Thanks,

EGM92
Old Feb 16, 2005, 03:04 PM

You have to have some way of getting the game save form your pc to your xbox. If you have a friend with a modded xbox, you could maybe borrow their memory card with a mechassault game save. There are currently three games that there are exploits for, mechassault being one, 007 agent under fire, and splinter cell being the other two. All of which require the game save to be on the xbox hard drive to work. There is another method using a tool called xboxhdm, but it requires taking the hard drive out of the xbox and putting it into a computer to do the modding. If the memory card option is out of the question, look on xbox-scene forums for a tutorial on xboxhdm hot swap method.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 03:07 PM

yea I was on there but is hotswapping safe? They make it so complicated with locking and unlocking and hex codes and all this stuff. I can't afford a Memory card right now so I will probably try it. Is there a good "visual" tutorial with pictures on how to do it?

Thanks,

EGM92
Old Feb 16, 2005, 03:42 PM

As long as you don't unplug the power cable to the hard drive, it is save. Here is one tutorial that I like.
********forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=244043
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:46 PM

in case you don't already know, the official Xbox mem card can't directly connect to your PC; get an Action Replay mem card unless you know someone who could already has it on their mem card
Old Feb 17, 2005, 07:01 AM

I don't know anyone with a Action replay key, nor do they sell them in any of the gameshops in my area. I don't have money for a Meory card so I'm just trying to find a way to get my Xbox to load backups without the need for a memory card to load files.

I followed some of the tutorials but they get complicated because I've only been using an Xbox for a little bit and I have almost no knowledge of linux. That XBOXHDM tutorial is a bit confusing here:

Quote:
3. Copy files for xbox C:\ drive from slayers disk and put the files in xboxhdm's linux>C folder.

4. copy your xbox's eeprom.bin to linux>eeprom folder

5. Double click on make-iso-win.bat, it will bringup command prompt and dump the bootable iso same folder.
Where do I get a eeprom.bin? and step 3. I can't access the Slayers disk and explore the files, nor do I know which files to copy if I could view the disk.

If someone can help me I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

EGM92