CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD/CD Media Discussion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 24, 2005, 05:43 PM

Default Trouble backing up saw

sponsored links

I have the movie saw and I'm having trouble backing it up. I've tried using two types of media, philips dvd+rw and also verbatum dvd+r 16x. Now I backed up saw onto the rw and it worked fine. I usually do this and then copy the rw to an r and I do this to prevent making coasters. So I burned to an rw and it worked perfectly. Then i copied the rw to a dvd+r and neither my computer nor my dvd player will read it, it just makes a lot of noise like its trying to read it but can't. Now, my dvd player is brand new and plays everything, like the other +r's and rw's I've done and even vcd and svcd so why is this movie giving me trouble?? Also I am using Anydvd 4.5.7.2 and it it says there is no copy protection based on unreadable sectors present on the disk, plus it works fine on the rw, so whats the deal?? any help would be great.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 07:14 PM
Veteran

what burning program are you using to burn to DVD+R? I backed up my copy of SAW to a DVD+R using the latest cloneDVD2 and AnyDVD without any problems.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:45 PM

I'm using clonedvd regular, ill try to get clonedvd2 tho maybe that will help, what speed are you burning at? will that matter?
Old Feb 24, 2005, 09:25 PM

I also just tried to burn it again at 4x instead of 16x and same results. works for the +rw but not the +r, i dont get why that is. after i burn the +r it reads it like its a blank disk in the computer and the dvd player for some reason I dont get it! i would be less confused if it didnt work on the +rw either, but it works perfect! whats the deal? someone help me please! 4 coasters and counting on this damn movie, a couple more and i coulda just went and bought saw again and have 2 store bought ones! please help someone!
Old Feb 24, 2005, 09:35 PM
Veteran

I have CloneDVD2 burn the disk at maximum and with my BenQ 1620 it will burn the 8X DVD+R at 12X

how are yu burning the DVD+R? are you doing a disc to disc and using cloneDVD to burn with ANYDVD running? once you have ripped the copy protection off and transcoded the movie you dont need to do those things again in order to burn the output. you can copy the disc either on the fly using nero or any other burn application or rip it to your hard drive and burn it from there.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 10:08 PM

i just open clonedvd (not 2) then i make it so i put the disc in the drive and hit copy, then it reads the disk and the "copy" bar goes up then i switch out the disk for a blank +r and then it burns it (so not on the fly with 2 drives). now, i have anydvd just running in the background thats it, do i have to do something to get the protection off? i thought it did it automatically. all i do is have anydvd runnin in the background, put in the +rw(the copy i made from the actual dvd that works) and then copy it like i described above. i also tried to burn the original to a +r and that didnt work either. what should i do differently?