CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD/CD Media Discussion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 24, 2005, 09:44 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

it doesnt soundl like you are doing anything wrong. but you might try this uncheck the box " delete files on completion" then intead of using the original or the DVDRW use the "write existing data" mode and choose the files that were ripped to the CloneDVD temp folder and burn them. if you still have a problem then I would suspect maybe a bad batch of DVD+R's.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:31 PM

thanks for all the help, i now realize it isnt just saw, its doing this on all movies now, the only thing i can think of is i did a system restore on my comp just basically to get rid of **** on my comp cause it was loaded with junk so i restored to like the day i bought it and since then its been doing this. also you said "once you have ripped the copy protection off and transcoded the movie you dont need to do those things again in order to burn the output." what does that mean, how do i rip the copy protection off and transcode it? i have anydvd runnin in the background, put in the dvd and used clonedvd2 to copy it and the +r's arent working, i tried verbatum and philips +r's and neither work, both of which used to work before i did the system restore. what did i do?? also i tried to burn a divx movie, i used divxtodvd to convert it and then used copytodvd to burn it and im getting the same problem. any ideas on how a system restore may have done this??
Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:49 PM

ok a little more info for you, i looked at the details while copytodvd was burning a movie that was converted with divxtodvd and it said "warning - can't change book type to dvd-rom" could that be my issue? if so why is it happening and how do i fix it. I don't think it's a problem with divxtodvd because this problem happens even when backing up a dvd and not even using divxtodvd. even when i used clonedvd2 i have this problem, i dont get that message but i get the same problem, so what does that message mean? is it my problem? and how do i fix it? sorry to keep buggin you but im confused and i have an insane amount of coasters! lol
Old Mar 03, 2005, 12:14 PM

when you guys copied saw did u copy it onto 2 dvds or did u put it on a regular 4.7 gb dvdr
cuz i tried copying it but saw came out to be 6.9 gb so i dont know what to do with it
if you guys made it fit onto a regular 4.7 gb then plz tell me how becuz i tried dvd shrink and an error came up and i tried dvd x copy platinum and an error came up