CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 25, 2005, 01:34 AM

Question Please help, am new with this

sponsored links

Can anyone help me? I have an unaltered Ver 9 NTSC PS2, Game Shark 2 Version 4.1, MAX Drive USB, and a DVD+RW burner. I never have attempted to copy, burn, and play any back up PS2 games. What I am needing to know is is there a way to play PS2 Backups with the hardware I have? If so, what program(s) do I need and how do I play them. I am sorry if I sound like an idiot, but this is all new for me. Please help me if you can.

Last edited by oneMIB; Feb 25, 2005 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Wrong version PS2
Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:44 PM

Question More info

For more info, My PS2 is model Number SCPH-50001, If I do need more hardware like a mod chip or something, please let me know which one would be the best for the cheapest price. I don't need to worry about playing PS1 games cause I don't bother with them. I could really use the help so I know how to spend my income tax wisely LOL. Please help me. Thanx
Old Feb 26, 2005, 07:50 PM

Will your burner burn DVD-R's?
Old Feb 26, 2005, 08:40 PM

Default DVD-R's

No my burner does not burn DVD-R's but can read them, If I need that type of burner, I know where I can get my hands on one.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 08:42 PM

Default DVD-R's

No my burner does not burn DVD-R's but can read them, If I need that type of burner, I know where I can get my hands on one. I know my PS2 can read DVD+R's cause I have backed up a couple of my old movies and the PS2 plays them just fine.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 08:03 PM

Exclamation Mod Chips

Ok, after searching and researching on the internet, I have realized that I will have to buy a mod Chip, but what I would like to know is what mod chip is the best for the cheapest price and what is the best place to buy it from.