CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 27, 2005, 01:19 AM

Default can Viper GC boot burnt games???

sponsored links

hi all!

just wondering if someone could answer a few questions i have with the new modchip that came out for the NGC called the Viper GC. if i have my NGC modded with the viper gc chip will i be able to play burnt games without the aid of BBA (broad band adapter) and the PC. can i easily put in a backup/burnt mini dvd-r game and play it like a normal game will.

can also someone tell me how to backup my original NGC games to a mini dvd-r? what tools/program do i need?

finally if it's true that i can play backup/burnt games via mini dvd-r with a NGC modded with the viper gc who out there sells and installs the chip please email me how much the price would pls s/h if possible - i live in the US.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:04 PM
Veteran

Yeah, it can boot backups.

You don't even need the Viper chip anymore! Someone hacked the code & you use PSO & load it, the code is called by the name of Anaconda. Its on the net.
Old Mar 03, 2005, 11:31 AM

Talking

Nice but it seems that the anaconda code it's more involving to use as oppose to just install the chip..I hope that moding the GC will be as simple as PS2 and XBOX soon - ie: NO swap. That's basicaly what i'm waiting for b4 buying the chip..
Thanks

Last edited by Blade107; Mar 03, 2005 at 11:41 AM. Reason: add
Old Mar 09, 2005, 01:19 AM

thanks for the responses you guys! but i think i might have to sit this one a little bit longer. i found out anaconda04 is the best way if you don't have soldering skills but requires quite alot of stuff like PSO + SDLoader + BBA it'll cost me more than i expect to spend. and besides i wouldn't my kids hanging around my PC who knows what will happen. while viper would be the easy way to go there are still alot of issues with regard to the reading of the media you use whether mini-dvdr's or regular dvd-r's some claim they have alot of DRE's and some claim that they practically use all type of brands and still cannot get the damn thing to work. i also dunno if they have problems burning it to the media or their NGC's are picky ... just too many questions with very very few answers at this point. a month or two of waiting prolly won't hurt, i'll see if things change then. hope it does though.
Old Mar 09, 2005, 06:19 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyguy
Yeah, it can boot backups.

You don't even need the Viper chip anymore! Someone hacked the code & you use PSO & load it, the code is called by the name of Anaconda. Its on the net.

Which means you still need a PC networked to your gamecube, a BBA, plus an original copy of PSO, to use Anaconda. That's hardly an ideal solution and a step backwards.

A viper chip allows you to play games straight from mini-DVD media without having to network a PC to your gamecube. The only real limitation of the Viper chip is it requires one swap with original media. (Random DRE's, and DVD-R media issues not withstanding)

Last edited by QWERTY; Mar 09, 2005 at 06:21 PM.
Old Mar 09, 2005, 11:55 PM

QWERTY is right. Apparently after further searching i need to setup the hookup between my NGC and PC and i've read in several forums people having prolems setting up the IP alone coz their PC cannot see the NGC being connected. that news alone if it happens to me will just set me way back. also some who have the viper gc claim that they have to tweak their laser every now and then to suit the media, some say ritek or prodisc or sony would be the best brand to use and not all of them are perfect after one burn. once again creating more questions and few answers. i have a ps2 v7 w. duo2se had no problems burning my games and playing them - i wonder if they could ever make a modchip that will just let you burn the game to a media and then play directly without swapping on your NGC. also read about the ripper gc mod chip but not alot of feedbacks will check back once i get more info.