CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:52 PM

sponsored links

binlookinhard ,

Just get a viper for your GC. The whole PSO+BBA route is simply not worth it any more. Viper is the best solution since it is more direct, and BIOS upgradeable.

Supposedly, the Ripper 3 is comming out which promises to be a no swap solution, though Viper is still good enough for me since I don't doub a no swap BIOS will be released. I personally have PSO+BBA because I loaded backups with my PC before Viper was released, but I do use it to rip originals from time to time when I can't find a downloadable version.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 03:56 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by binlookinhard
hi all!

just wondering if someone could answer a few questions i have with the new modchip that came out for the NGC called the Viper GC. if i have my NGC modded with the viper gc chip will i be able to play burnt games without the aid of BBA (broad band adapter) and the PC. can i easily put in a backup/burnt mini dvd-r game and play it like a normal game will.

can also someone tell me how to backup my original NGC games to a mini dvd-r? what tools/program do i need?

finally if it's true that i can play backup/burnt games via mini dvd-r with a NGC modded with the viper gc who out there sells and installs the chip please email me how much the price would pls s/h if possible - i live in the US.
yes u can play backups pn a viper chip like an origional game ive got mine done and it works like a sainti cant tell u much more bout it apart from it cost 60 im not sure bout $ ok mate

Last edited by hell razor; Apr 29, 2005 at 04:00 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 04:01 PM

yes u can play backups pn a viper chip like an origional game ive got mine done and it works like a sainti cant tell u much more bout it apart from it cost 60 im not sure bout $ ok mate
Old May 03, 2005, 09:39 AM

Gimpyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old May 11, 2005, 03:17 PM
Veteran

the viper gc is direct boot you just put your backup in and load it

as for media probs just get the case mod as well never had a problem with it reading full dvdr just mini needs laser tweak
Old May 11, 2005, 05:15 PM

game world at the link below do the viper for 31 and ship worldwide.
They've also got the new official silver slimlines in already, very snazzy

********scripts.affiliatefuture.com/AFClick.asp?affiliateID=21842&merchantID=481&progr ammeID=1678&mediaID=0&tracking=&url=