CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 27, 2005, 08:58 PM

Default PS2 or PSTwo DMS4 Pro Premod to buy?

sponsored links

***********.chipdealer.com/usa/product.php?productid=16228&cat=261&page=1 (PS2)

***********.xmodd.com/dms4propremod.htm (PSTwo)

Now I'm looking to install the DMS4 Pro modchip, and here's these two Premodded consoles I can buy. For some reason, their prices are almost exactly the same.

Now I heard some rumors that the PSTwo is very unstable and the lens will often mess up/break when modded, is this true? I could have sworn that PSTwo was much better than the PS2, but then why are the prices so similar for both PS2 and PSTwo DMS4 Pro premodded consoles?

If anyone could help me decide which one would be the smart buy, I would really appreciate it. I guess the PSTwo is cool, I"m willing to spend an extra ~20 bucks on it, but I really don't want it to break either. So most of all, I'd just like my backup CD's for PSX and PS2 to work, and be able to play without worrying about the console breaking any time soon.