CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 19, 2005, 01:24 PM

sponsored links

before i got it working i tryed uninstalling the ATA controller, the first and second channel, rebooting
I think I need the application accelerator, when I got my new hard drive it recommended me getting that to speed things up

it seems to be working great now though... just burned a 4.1gig DVD in 13:24 at 4X
Old Mar 19, 2005, 02:07 PM

these accelerator are over rated in my opinion,probably 2/3 % increase
Old Mar 26, 2005, 06:32 PM

I'm still experiencing problems with this, i thought i had it fixed.
i'm using Nero, and the Used Read Buffer still drops to 0% at times... I'm burning on a re-writeable DVD now for example... it was fine except from 30%-80% the used read buffer dropped to 0%.... it took 41 minutes to burn at 2.4x

I also tryed uninstalling Intel Aplication Accelerator, but its obvious to me that its neccisary that its installed. I instaled it when i got my 200GB hard drive. I use this hard drive for Video files i make with my camcorder. After uninstalling it, and i clicked on some of the files the tthing happened.... the vides files weren't what they were supposed to be, instead they were videos i deleted LONG time ago, 4 or 5 months ago! Once i reinstalled Intel Application accelerator it was fine again.
Also while it was uninstalled I checked to see if DMA was enabled through control panel and it was.

I'm not exactly sure how to use Intel Application Accelerator. the only setting i could see that was changable was the little tool icon, which I changed to UDMA-2 for my DVD rom drive. Thats what i have it set to now...

So if anyone has any suggestions as to why its still burning so slow i would appreciate it.... thanks

Last edited by Cipher5000; Mar 26, 2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 04:15 AM

i would do the following things to start off with,

run a spyware check

unistall nero,use clean tool,re-install

have you got any other burning app linked with "ROXIO",,i.e easy cd creator,napstar?,if so get rid of anything linked with ROXIO,then use roxio zapper

post me a log from nero,what version of nero is it?

keep using RW until we sort this out

try using another app' to burn with,just to test

is the DMA definitley enabled for the burner?,we are not looking at the rom drive.

check your aspi layers as well
Old Mar 27, 2005, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4SKIN

post me a log from nero,what version of nero is it?

is the DMA definitley enabled for the burner?,we are not looking at the rom drive.

check your aspi layers as well
I'm using Nero Express 6.0

Where do i get a log from?

To the best of my knowledge DMA is enabled, but as I've been saying with Intel Application Accelerator i'm not exactly sure what setting it should be.

how do i check aspi layers?

Last edited by Cipher5000; Mar 27, 2005 at 04:21 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 04:22 PM

From AfterDawn forum:

"ATTN INTEL BOARD USERS: I called this in to tech support as I was under the 48 hr quarrantine. After a lot of problems with my Sony DRU 500a, I did a little investigating and trial and error uninstall and reinstall. I uninstalled almost every burning program I had, and I have most of what you all are familiar with, checked DMA settings etc. Nothing seemed to work. Well guess what? A few days earlier I had been attempting to verify DMA settings on my HDs and optical drives. Did a little search through MS knowledge base and on Intels site, as my DMA settings for my IDE controllers were grayed out, and I wanted to know why my optical drives were reporting PIO mode when I have an 845E chipset and 80 conducter cables, and the drive specs says UDMA 2 mode supported. After many hours [B]I found that in order to access DMA settings under Win XP Pro, I needed to uninstall Intel's Application Accelerator. Which is interesting because most board manufacturers using Intel chipsets rec***end installing it[/B], (I use Gigabyte and ASUS primarily in my boxes). All went well, and I was able to set for UDMA mode 2 in XP. No noticeable performance loss, (after setting to "Use DMA Mode If Available" and rebooting...HDS are Fast ATA 133 so are set to UDMA 5)."