CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 31, 2005, 01:49 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?
Lightbulb

sponsored links

Firstly HandyGuy, if you think there is no setting in the Bios for DMA you are dumber than I thought.

You always post with your idiotic replies and can never back them up with fact. (like GMail being free and the Pioneer DVD, I'm still waiting for a reply)

[url=***********.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,107870,pg,2,00.asp][b]HERE[/b] is one of the first sites I found under Google without even trying, perhaps you should. (Look under Optimization and compatibility settings and you will see DMA)

It's also under both my PC's Bios's, my mother's, my sister's, in fact I have yet to see a PC without it!

Anyway, Cipher, if Dell told you that the master drive doesn't require DMA then they are dumber than HandyGuy.

If anything DMA would be more important on the main drive as that does the bulk of the work.

I'm am trying to help you but I can only do so if you help yourself, starting by ignoring idiots.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 02:08 PM

hehehe

you are right,there is the option to enable dma in the bios,only use this if all else fails,on some pc's the option to enable is also found in the registry(but dont quote me on that)

my master drive is set on ultra dma 5

Quote:
like GMail being free
gmail is free,isnt it,?
mine didnt cost me a penny
Old Mar 31, 2005, 02:13 PM
Veteran

Off-course there is an option in the Bios, as I said I haven't seen or heard of one without it, even on my 1999 Bios.

As far as GMail let me clarify.

HandyGuy a few months ago told me that GMail wasn't by invitation only and that it was available on their search page to anyone.

When I disputed that and asked him where it was, he didn't reply as usual.

Stick around and you will learn to ignore his useless information.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 02:17 PM

hmmmmmmm

u just reminded me

***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278767

and dont you start arguing with me aswell

hehe
Old Mar 31, 2005, 02:22 PM
Veteran

He does this on almost every one of his posts.

The sad part is that some people who ask for help think that because he has a high post count then he must know what he is talking about.

They fail to realise that his high post count is because of all his useless, dangerous and misleading posts and nothing to do with knowledge.

Still, I love HandyGuy, sometimes he brings a smile to my face.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac

Anyway, Cipher, if Dell told you that the master drive doesn't require DMA then they are dumber than HandyGuy.

If anything DMA would be more important on the main drive as that does the bulk of the work.

I'm am trying to help you but I can only do so if you help yourself, starting by ignoring idiots.
Well, i've dealt with Dell before and I won't argue about them being dumb

I don't know the guy from Dell, you, 4Skin, or Handyguy, and since i don't know what i'm doing, its not always easy to know who to believe, so you tend to just take everyones advice.
What you and 4Skin have been saying makes the most sense.

Anyway, I don't have alot of time now, but I've looked in my bios a few times now and i don't see anything that says "DMA" or anything about PCIP/PnP either. So later i will have to search around and try and figure out what motherboard i got, how to upgrade it and how to turn on DMA