CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 31, 2005, 01:51 AM

Default Need help using emulators on DC. Ready to cry in frustration.

sponsored links

Okay, let me start by saying I'm new to this. I've been enjoying my SNes, Nes, and Genesis backups on my PC, but trying to get them to work on my Dreamcast has been driving me nuts. I've been at this for two weeks and I keep getting close but I'm clearly doing stuff wrong.

PLEASE NOTE: I need some hand-holding, if anyone is willing to give me the time. I know some of the basics, but there's a lot to this process that I don't understand. Here's what I have going:

I opened the dsinstaller that puts the DreamSnes emulator on the DC. Supposedly it puts both the emulator and the roms on the disc, so that you only need the one, and supposedly it is self boot too. The entire burning process seems to give me no problems, yet when in my DC, it tells me to put in a DC disc and just lets me look at the coaster in the music menu. This same thing happened to me when I tried to burn other emulators, so I'm obviously screwing up.

If ANYONE can help, please, let me know. To you seasoned guys it's something simple, I'm sure. But I mean I need to know exactly what programs I need to download and a step by step, or if someone knows why I went wrong with what I told you I did with this dsinstaller/pike stuff, please let me know. I'm sorry, I'm not new to videogames or emulation but I'm a total noob at getting them on my DC, and it's got me on the verge of tears of frustration. I BEG YOU, someone please talk to me and I'll do anything I can in return.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 11:41 AM

PM me. I can help you out.