CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 31, 2005, 09:49 PM

Default Gapless Data MP3 CDs

sponsored links

Can you eliminate the pauses between tracks for data CDs (using MP3s)?

I know that MP3s are not perfect, but I use Lame and Sound Forge to trim them down to the bone. I use Nero for burning CDs.

So can Nero burn with no space in-between MP3s in a data CD? In order to do that sometimes I combine multiple tracks onto one, but I have a CD that is practically gapless from beginning to end and I dont want to make a 30 minute track!

The beauty of burning data CDs is that you can burn alot more than 80 minutes worth of MP3s on them. Many times I cant fit everything I want into a regular CD so a data MP3 CD works nicely.
Old Apr 01, 2005, 04:35 AM
Veteran

Your going to be burning a data disc, so nero will not put a 2 second gap between the tracks M8, it only does it if your burning an Audio disc
Old Apr 01, 2005, 02:12 PM

The problem with MP3's is that they use frames. If the music doesn't exactly fill up the last frame (and that is extremly rare), then you get the small gap between songs. Some players work better then others to crossfade and eliminate or cover up the gap. You can find gapless plugins for Winamp on their webpage. Not much you can do though if you use Windows Media Player. There are also other really good players out there that can do gapless playback. One my my favotites is VU Player. Have a look here - ***********.vuplayer.com/