CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 04, 2005, 07:28 PM

Question My Mod Chip Trippin

sponsored links

i have a xbox with mode chip to activate i leve the game tra out and go to music go under audio press "a" go to copy,press "a" on soundtrack and mod chip comes on.Well it is sayin i have copied max 100 soundtracks.I TRIED TO GO TO THE MEMORY AND DELEATE IT DID NOT WORK.What do i do?PLEASE HELP

Last edited by agtownsoulja; Apr 04, 2005 at 07:50 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2005, 02:43 AM

Well sorry to bust your bubble but you dont have a mod chip, you have what is called a "softmod". The reason your getting that error is because you xbox dashboard got updated. This happens when you load newer games that will update your dash automatically. Hope you made a backup of your c drive so you can fix it.
Old Apr 07, 2005, 10:24 AM

Can you access Evox or anything at all anymore, or just the M$ dash? If you can access Evox, you should seriously consider updating your softmod to something a little newer so you don't have this problem again. If you can't access Evox, you may want to read up on Xboxhdm and hotswapping (I am ssuming that you don't have a back up of your EEPROM somewhere). Good luck.