CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 05, 2005, 06:04 PM

Unhappy CD-R/Lost files Problem!

sponsored links

Hi,
I recieved a cd from my sister today in the mail, she had the cd in a case and in bubble wrap yet the postal service decided to run a truck over it or something because the cd (and the case) was cracked, almost in half. the crack runs from the outside to the center. Now I know, or at least think I do, that there is NO way to fix this cd, as it is not just the plastic part, but also the film that got destroyed. But what I want to know is if there is a way to get the information from my sister's laptop still.

She didn't delete the files, but she moved them from her desktop to the cd and when i told her and she checked her comp they weren't there so it wasn't a copy/move it was completely moved from her file. Now I know there are programs out there that can find files after they've been deleted, even if the bin has been emptied, but is there a program that can find a trace of the files if they've moved? Does the program for delete files work the same as for moved files? Thanks for any help you can give, and i know that this is a long winded explanation I just wanted to get it all out. the files are kinda important to me as they are about 200 pictures I took on a recent vacation.

Again, thanks all for any help you can give!
Old Apr 05, 2005, 10:05 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Please ask your sister to contact me so we can discuss this matter in private and in more detail.

I would very much doubt if you can recover any information or the files.

They are gone.

Any program that would have any chance of success would have to be run from floppy or CD, as anything you install or even rebooting will overwrite the files.