CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 06, 2005, 08:31 PM

Default How to create song lists...

sponsored links

hey guys, I have about 70,000 songs, seperated out in folders by collection type, and was wondering what I could use to create a nice little song book..

I love the way Sax and Dotty's program will list out the songs and such, but I couldnt find any way to transfer that to excel..

is there some other way I can create a list? other then going through a DOS commend line like this ( C:/ Dir /s >songlist.txt )
Old Apr 06, 2005, 10:43 PM
Veteran

This may help. Freeware.

***********.spadixbd.com/freetools/jdirprint.htm

Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:33 PM

Default song book

The best karaoke songbook prog I've used which lists can be exported to Excel is - Karaoke Songlist Creator
D/L free demo from www.airwer.com
Old Apr 12, 2005, 02:22 AM

Default Song List From Sax & Dotty

Hi
Browse to the Sax & Dotty Hoster folder (C:\Programme Files\Sax And Dotty's Show Hoster), you will see a file called "Song List" right click ond open this file using [B]Excel[/B]. When Excel opens, select "Karaoke Tracks" this will give you a complete listing of your current Sax & Dotty data base songs by Title/Artist/Disc/Location). Save the file to your desktop and then edit to suit your Song Book requirements.
Old May 27, 2005, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMusician2005
hey guys, I have about 70,000 songs, seperated out in folders by collection type, and was wondering what I could use to create a nice little song book..

I love the way Sax and Dotty's program will list out the songs and such, but I couldnt find any way to transfer that to excel..

is there some other way I can create a list? other then going through a DOS commend line like this ( C:/ Dir /s >songlist.txt )
I use MTU's Hoster and it has a built in Song Book program. I talked to their saleman recently who told me a new customer with Hoster 3.108 imported over 200,000 MP3+G (or was it ZIPs) UNATTENDED right into Hoster's database. I was told he owns over 12,000 discs. Thats 6 times more than the next highest I ever heard of.

He can now format his song books by Song Title first or Artist name firstname-lastname order, or lastname-firstname order. [URL=***********.mtu.com/basics/karaoke-hoster.htm]Check it out.

I read that Sax & Dotty can't have more than 20,000 songs in their list file. Are you using 70,000 in it?
Old May 27, 2005, 03:54 PM

Hi,
I use Sax and Dotty's Show Presenter with around 60,000 tracks - with no apparent problems. If you "export" the database and open the Alltracks.csv file located in the the Sax and Dotty programme folder, (using Excel) you can then sort the database listing by either artist, song title, or disc name and then print out your song book accordingly.
Cheers