CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 17, 2005, 06:39 PM

Unhappy (DMS4 EZI) Newbie needs help!

sponsored links

Hi,

I'm going to cut straight to the point. I got my psx2 mobo v7 (USA) and DMS4 EZI stuff sitting out on the counter.

I'm a pretty techie person but am very new to psx2 mods. I didn't realize when I bought the chip it was gonna come with no paper work whatsoever so I'm pretty much in need of your help!

From looking at the finished diagram on modchip.com I get an idea of how it's all suppose to work but I have a few issues I hope you all can assist me with:

***********.modchip.com/ps2/dms4v7v8.htm

on the link above they have a lot of arrows with letters pointing to items on the motherboard highlighted in red. What does this represent and what am I suppose to do with it?

I will appreciate any assistance anyone of you can give. Like I said before I'm pretty much desperate and am relying on the help of this forum community. Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 02:12 AM

The areas highlighted in red are where you align PIN1 on the BIOS and DSP. I would reccomend going to dms's website at dms3.com and choose dms ezi. Then go to install manual, read the WHOLE thing...there are some things different with the V7.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 02:20 AM

ok it's 2 o'clock in the mornin I got the damn thing installed. It was a pain putting the case back together. The playstation 2 acts exactly like it did before. It plays audio cds, normal psx2 games. But it did not play my CD-R. It said please insert Playstation 2 DVD-ROM or some'm like that. I thought it was suppose to automatically detect the media and play it???
Old Apr 24, 2005, 04:16 PM

Question

Hello!

I think you should read the website properly, not to be rude. Normally, you have to hold a button either on the console or on the controller to boot PS1 Games and DVD Films, whereas PS2 CD Based and DVD Based load automatically.

Thanks!