CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 29, 2005, 12:36 PM

Default Wont Read Blank Cdrs?

sponsored links

I've had my computer for about a month,it did burn cds fine but now it refuses to recognise a blank cdr. If I use nero and insert a blank cd it spits it out and im told to insert a blank cd which I do and it spits it back out again,the same happens using different brands and also when I try to burn using media player. I had a CDR with just 1 text file on it,I tried to add to this disk and it burnt fine with no problems. I then got a friend to burn a blank text file on cdr and again I burnt fine on my cdrw,So it seems to burn no problem with something else on the CDR,anyone any ideas?
Old Jun 03, 2005, 03:48 AM

Smile

I have a similar problem, my Gigabyte cdrw drive can write to cdrw disks, but when I insert a CDR, to write on, it spits it out and asks for a blank disk, Now , I know for sure that I have inserted a blank TDK CDR disk. I have three computers using the same CDRW drive - 2 of them work with the same TDK media (CDR's).This is a Studio Evvironment, and we really need to use this drive. I use Nero Express that came bundled with the writer.
Any answer would be greatly appreciated, and handled with the utmost respect.
Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 02:13 PM

First look at this - ***********.cdrfaq.org/faq04.html#S4-12

When Media player starts a new session it can end-up locking the drive not allowing any other discs to be burned apart from the first disc used for that session - dave23ni this sounds like this is the cause of your issue. I would suggest going into the Tools/options of Windows Media Player and disabling the cd-recorder capabilty of the software. Its never a good idea to have 2 different types of burning software. Windows Media has plug-in called Adapt Burning ROM, this needs disabled if you do not use Media Player to burn, If you go to uninstall the program you will see 'uninstall components', which will allow you to remove the plug-in.