CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 04, 2005, 01:46 PM

Default PS2 V7 matrix infinity installation HELP.

sponsored links

I have a v7 PS2 that I have modded with a matrix infinity modchip. The PS2 now boots up just fine. I have the joystick plugged into Slot 1, otherwise the modchip will display the black screen for 15 seconds initially, but I am past that. Now if I were to put a DVD (Alien Vs. Predator) in to play it, the PS2 shows a black screen for 15 seconds on the TV and then plays the DVD. I see the video flicker and then it just goes away. However, the odd thing is that I am able to hear the audio all throughout but NO videoo. I went over my install numerous times and am unable to figure it out. I also used a multi-meter but everything is in order and the BIOS pins are fine too. There is no short or crossing.

I wanted to ask and see if this could be related to the "I" wire. Do I need to use a thicker wire (24 AWG solid core with heavy insulation) than the one I am using or leave it as is? Also, would I need to do the same for the "Y" wire on the install as well?

Please help me. I would really appreciate prompt anyones response on this. Thanks in advance.
Old May 04, 2005, 07:39 PM

no, normal 30awg is fine for those points. The only points you'd need thicker gauge would be ground and 3.3v

Not heard of this problem before, sounds more like a firmware issue. Try redoing your firmware and see if that helps. If you are using the v1.4 it is a beta version and may have some bugs. The 15 seconds on boot without a controller in is normal, but shouldn't happen when you have a controller in port one. The only thing to check on a v7 matrix install is that you have the wire legnth as short as possible and avoid crossing wires where you can.

For all your console premod, chip and fitting needs in the U.K. Full postal service available. 3 month warranty on all sales.
www.ghost2fitter.co.uk
Old May 04, 2005, 11:45 PM

Default updated firmware to 1.39 but still the same issue

I went ahead and updated the firmware to v1.39 but of no avail. I am still getting the same problem with the PS2.

I see the Sony logo at the beginning, but I am unable to see the infinity logo on the boot and I am unable to go to the configuration menu of the modchip. I am able to go to the browser menu of the PS2. I have a feeling that the modchip is not receiving any current, although I am using the same point as indicated on the v7 install on infinitymod.com.

Please let me know if there is anything more that I need to do, or how do I make sure that the modchip is powering up properly.

Yes, this is a genuine blue dot chip. I purchased it from modchipman.com. The wires are extremely short. I used the van something spot which is close to the BIOS. The odd thing is that I am unable to get to the configuration menu for the modchip and I cant seem to be able to disable my modchip. I tried everything but dont get the infinity logo or the words "DISABLED" when I try to disable the chip. I have a feeling that the chip is not powered up. Should I try some other spot than the one on the infinitymod.com v7 diagram?

Last edited by Devilous; May 05, 2005 at 12:04 AM.
Old May 05, 2005, 12:40 PM

easiest way to check would be to power the console without the casing, being careful not to let anything short and run a meter to the chip to check the power. Again it is difficult to diagnose without a picture of the install. If you could post one or email it to us we could take a better look for you.

www.ghost2fitter.co.uk
[email]sales@ghost2fitter.co.uk[/email]
Old May 05, 2005, 04:15 PM

Default at work now

I am currently at work, but as soon as I get home, I will post the pix of the install so you can have a closer look. If not, I will email them to you.

Thanks man for your help. I really appreciate you helping me out, its good to know that great ppl like you are around.
Old May 05, 2005, 10:05 PM

more than welcome mate, everyone starts out with trial and error, wouldn't have the knowledge I do now if it wern't for people helping me in the begining.

Ghost
www.ghost2fitter.co.uk