CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 06, 2005, 10:28 AM

Default no usb cable for digital camera

sponsored links

Dude, I know that this is corny but I have lost my USB cable that hooks up my sony dig camera to the laptop. I have the pictures but can't load them. Anyways, if it helps I tried to do what you said and I did not notice any current going into the modchip. I unhooked the 3.3v wire from the modchip and it still behaves the same as I mentioned earlier.

There is no infinity logo and neither can I get into the modchip configuration. What do you suppose it is?
Old May 06, 2005, 11:56 AM

just to clarify something. Did you say that you updated your firmware to v1.39?
If you did then that would mean that there would definately be power to the chip.

If you meant that you couldn't upgrade then does your console stay on the black screen for 15 sec's when you don't have a controller in port1?
Old May 06, 2005, 12:01 PM

I burnt the CD with the v1.39 firmware and it booted up fine. I followed the steps for the upgrade as mentioned in the zip file and the screen sayed "Successful". Now what I dont understand is that I am unable to see the logo when I boot the PS2. I am able to get to the PS2 browser and stuff, but not to the modchip configuration (TRIANGLE+CIRCLE). And the PS2 behaves the same way whether I have the 3.3v wire connected or not.
Old May 06, 2005, 12:04 PM

just for informative purposes and so that you can have a concise idea about my install, it looks like

***********.mod-area.com/install_folder/v7/mi_v7_3_top_www.mod-area.com.jpg

but keeping in mind that this is NOT my install. I just followed the overall layout about chip placing and wiring. I connected the points based on the documentation found on infinitymod.com
Old May 06, 2005, 01:22 PM

are you sure you have an infinity and not a clone? there are a lot of matrix se clones around at the moment and a lot of similar problems?
Old May 06, 2005, 01:24 PM

I am positive. I have the blue dot chip and I bought the chip from modchipman.com which is an authorizes reseller as is mentioned on infinitymod.com.