CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 27, 2005, 02:55 PM

sponsored links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W.
Danger Will Robinson!

[B]MTU's Latest Version (3.108) is FULL OF BUGS! [/B]
As mclarry posts, Hoster 3.108 is very stable. After it being out there for over a month, the only changes that I’m told will be in 3.109 is a new Import screen to simplify bringing in CDG, BIN, MP3G and ZIP files. Heck, their salesman told me one customer with 3.108 who owns over 12,000 CDG discs imported his 200,000 song library UNATTENDED! Gee, Sax & Dotty only allows 20,000 songs to be in their list, and PCDJKJ can't do much more. [b]UNATTENDED importing.... with that buggy 3.108 at that![/b] Sure sounds to me like you're the blowhard who knows nothing but BS!

Quote:
Not to mention that there's the regular "pain in the a$$" internet registration that for some reason they can never get to function correctly and most of the time there are KJ's that have purchased the program and suddenly find that they can't install it. [B]They have an entire forum section devoted to registration errors --- that's how bad it is.[/B]
Guess that’s the real reason your so PO’d… you must be running a bootleg copy and can’t upgrade. I’ll bet you have a back version and want 3.108 but can’t get it because MTU’s security is tight. Last time I looked, they are the only Karaoke software that isn’t on crack sites. They support their paying customers very well… so what’s your problem?

As to your “entire forum section devoted to registration errors --- that's how bad it is”, here’s the actual Forum’s title: “[B]CRITICAL!!! Registration Problems - REGISTERED USERS ONLY - post here ONLY if your product is down and you have a critical deadline! DO NOT post normal needs here.[/B]” Looks to me like they have a specially monitored Forum for paying users who need critical help. Hey, compare that to S&D, PCDJKJ and that Canadian one. The MTU.Community is extremely popular and active. As of today, they have: “[b]Threads: 5,416, Posts: 37,329, Members: 5,358[/b]”. That takes a LOT of effort to keep it running and add the features they continually introduce.

Quote:
Also keep in mind that the owner of MTU has nothing better to do than monitor their forums and likes to play GOD. i.e. you can't edit your posts but he does all the time.

His favorite (conceited) phrase is; "[I]In 35 years in business...[/I]

What a freakin' blowhard!
What's wrong with a President who keep his finger on the pulse of his customers?

Man, you are really a piece of work aren’t you! How many PRIVATELY RUN Forums give edit power to any and everyone... forever? I’ve been in MTU's forums for years. What was happening was someone like you would spit in the face of others, then after a flame war was blazing they would go back days later and edit out their crap that started it. Anyway, you're so full of facts... why don't you know that YOU CAN EDIT in the MTU.Community forums for 30 minutes after you post. What’s the matter? Can’t you put your ideas together in 30 minutes? Or are you one of those flame-and-delete jerks I mentioned above?

Just thought the world should see the [URL=********forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?p=38805]entire quote from MTU.Community Forums instead of [B]your clearly biased WRONG INTERPRETATION[/B] of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtu admin

[QUOTE of djmadmaxx:]
Just look at programs like Promix, BPM Studio Pro, PCDJ, Mixvibes, ect and see what they have to offer. You guys can come up with something great by making use of the best features of all of the others. [B]Best of all MTU is the only software company i've seen that actually listens and implements customer/user requests.[/B] [end quote of djmadmaxx]

Been doing it that way for 35 years....

I learned a long time ago that my talent is listening to others who need a new "tool", and let them tell me what they want. I'm not a karaoke host, thus I have no bias... except to make Hoster the best and easiest product to use... by the largest number of users. I'm listening... now

Getting the raw features is one thing. Making them all work is another.

We are advancing Hoster towards doing DJ also. We added WMA and MP3 play some releases back, mixing audio and karaoke files in the same playlist. We almost had a Fade Out, which will probably be coded next time as a Crossfade.

Why do you need DUAL PLAYLISTS/Players? Please list all the uses you would use this for.
What's wrong with products designed by someone who knows what they are doing?

Why are you so full of it against MTU? Seems to me your the only blowhard around here!

Quote:
I wouldn't even consider version 3.108 it's nothing but a headache!
[B]GREAT! That way we won’t have to hear your blowing off much longer… RIGHT?[/B]
Old May 31, 2005, 01:56 AM

Default we are HAPPY Hoster users

Ryanross......We have been using MTU Hoster program (and their laptop) for nearly three years, and can't say enough great stuff about it. If you want to be at the top of your game, you need Hoster. We shopped and compared and researched a LOT before purchasing MTU Hoster Laptop, and the only regret that we have is that we didn't do it sooner. It is far superior to any and all others out there, not to mention the wonderful upgrades that we get. Somehow, MTU manages to anticipate what we need and would like, and gets it to us before anybody else even suspects what is happening. We believe that you get what you pay for, and with MTU I'd personally pay much more for it than they now charge...in fact, when we bought the Hoster program it was $450.00. We bought the MTU Laptop with the Hoster program, and loaded all of our discs and shortly thereafter, we purchased another computer system with the MTU Hoster program,we loved it so much. MTU has never let us down, and in my opinion, has gone the extra mile, for support. If you want any further information, feel free to ask, and we will let you have any information that you need.
Just an aside.......Sax and Dotty has renamed their program Show Presenter and is no longer called Hoster. MTU is the only real authentic Hoster.
Good luck,
Old May 31, 2005, 02:49 AM

This reply is especially for DAVE W....or should I call you KEITH01 ??
It is apparent that you are now using an alias of DAVE W....
Keith01 purchased MTU Hoster program some time back, and after discovering that he could not run multiple rigs with only one Hoster program, proceeded to attempt to discredit MTU and their products. I for one, LOVE my MTU. It is the very best. Keith is now on a crusade to muddy MTU's reputation and has been attempting to do so for months.
Karaoke Tools has it right, he is a blowhard who knows nothing but BS.
He raised so much stink, that MTU refunded his full purchase price,and he said he deleted the program from his computer....yeah, right !! now you know where that bootleg copy from that he can't update.
These forums were not intended for personal vendettas such as Keith 01 (alias Dave W) is carring on. Keith01 posted so mch trash on another forum that they ultimately eliminated his posts, maybe that needs to happen again.
We need to get back to the real intent of these forums, and help one another with truth and personal experiences....no crusades.
Old May 31, 2005, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Also keep in mind that the owner of MTU has nothing better to do than monitor their forums and likes to play GOD. i.e. you can't edit your posts but he does all the time.
This is called customer service. The "Owner" offers support through the forum. If this is Keith01, a copy of your post, as well as copy of all your other deflamatory posts have been forwared to Mtu to to send to their lawyer to proceed as nessicary. Keep it up, you will get what you dererve.

I have also been using "Hoster" for 3 years, and In My opinion it is one of the Better programs on the Market. The Mtu staff listens to what the users say and try to incorporate into it, the needs of the client.
Old May 31, 2005, 08:01 AM

I've been using MTU's Hoster for around 2 years and never had a problem with it, not even the aforementioned registration problems. I previously used Sax & Dotty's, but found it to be buggy, not quite good enough for a pro KJ. I also took a look at PCDJ and found it to be even less suitable.

One thing I like about MTU's Hoster, is that it works flawlessly with another proggy I use, Messageoke. The two are great together. For the professional KJ, I thoroughly recommend these two programs.
Old May 31, 2005, 12:23 PM

Just to clarify a misconception: no, I'm not "Keith01"... have no idea who that is...

Karaoke tools:
Quote:
What's wrong with a President who keep his finger on the pulse of his customers?
A "pulse" is one thing... His forums are not a "pulse" the way that he edits them. They are NOT even "forums"... he doesn't want "discussion" he wants nothing more than for you to agree with him. If you disagree, you're out... whether you are a paying customer or not. So it is quite possible that MTU will ban their own customers from their "support" because they don't agree with them. Go ahead, check their forums and tell me that they haven't deleted posts from their OWN SUPPORT STAFF. Now, what's wrong with that picture? Left hand not agreeing with the right hand?

Quote:
Anyway, you're so full of facts... why don't you know that YOU CAN EDIT in the MTU.Community forums for 30 minutes after you post. What’s the matter? Can’t you put your ideas together in 30 minutes?
I'm fully aware that you can edit your post in 30 minutes... what's not right is that THEY do... unless you don't mind them putting words in your mouth.

Quote:
Guess that’s the real reason your so PO’d… you must be running a bootleg copy and can’t upgrade. I’ll bet you have a back version and want 3.108 but can’t get it because MTU’s security is tight.
And you must be talking out your a$$.... You are wrong on all three counts.

Quote:
As to your “entire forum section devoted to registration errors --- that's how bad it is”, here’s the actual Forum’s title: “CRITICAL!!! Registration Problems - REGISTERED USERS ONLY - post here ONLY if your product is down and you have a critical deadline! DO NOT post normal needs here.” Looks to me like they have a specially monitored Forum for paying users who need critical help.
Too bad you can't actually GET CRITICAL HELP. They had to put that in because of the large number of KJ's that couldn't get registered on a weekend when there was a problem. (i.e. "critical deadline") The real horror stories are edited out of their forums, so you'll never really know how many there are.

[B]And just clarify one other thing:[/B] I never said that Hoster was a "bad program." It's actually quite good. I simply stated that version 3.108 is full of bugs. I also don't particularly care for their form of "support" and the president thinks he's some sort of god...

Last edited by Dave W.; May 31, 2005 at 12:39 PM.