CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Jun 17, 2005, 05:02 PM

sponsored links

Uninstall Nero, again.

Try toggling the DMA option for the drive, go into the Device manager and then properties of the drive - if DMA is enabled then disable it, install Nero again.

Make sure that all ant-virus software, firewalls etc is not running - you want as little as possible running.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 06:46 AM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

A word of caution on reinstalling Nero.

Always use the "Nero Clean Tool" available from the Ahead site as it's very difficult to remove completely otherwise.

As far as what burning plug-ins does Windows have, XP has an Adaptec plug-in while Windows Media Player has Nero plug-in, which you can view in Tools, Options, and then the PlugIn tab.

Last edited by Insomniac; Jun 18, 2005 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Because I felt like it.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 01:43 PM
Veteran

I`m running XP Pro on two machines and have Nero Suite 6 on both also. I have not disabled the Windows burner, in fact I use it occasionally. I have had no problems with either.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 06:20 AM

Default Any more suggestions/ideas ?

Hi everyone, a big thanks for all the advice on this problem so far.

I have used Nero Tools to clean un-install the programme and re-install the programme.

I have de-activated the Zonealarm firewall and antivirus programmes.

And unfortunately I am still not able to burn to disc using the Nero programme. I have tried the IMAPI setting on both Manual (which is were I think it should be positioned) and Disabled with no antivirus/firewall running.

I even tried a friends version of Roxio 7.5 and that wouldn't burn either, just freezes on the burn process, as does the Nero software.

I think the problem may lie with the Windows upgrade from ME to XP Home Edition as suggested by tim081945. It wasn't a clean machine installation but a update ME programme keeping all my compatable programme files and information on the 'C' drive.

I don't really want to wipe the 'C' drive and have to reload all my programmes/files in again.

Is there anything else I can do to see were it is going wrong ? any other settings I can check out. Any registry areas to look at. Do anyone have a list of what settings info should be present, dlls, registry etc ?

If the supplied Windows burning software works, we know the cdrom drive is working, so it must be a setting somewhere or a Windows app/dll issue ?

If anyone can help further with anymore suggestions they would be very welcome as I would like to get this issue sorted.

Many thanks.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 01:35 PM
Veteran

If you haven't installed SP2 you could always try removing Nero again and then installing an older version 5.*.*.* or a very early version 6, see if it is a ME XP upgrade problem.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 05:05 PM

Have you looked at the DMA option as I suggested before?

Also, update the ASPI layer - this can solve a lot of issues:

***********.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&filek ey=aspi_v471.exe
Closed Thread