CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 28, 2006, 03:56 PM

sponsored links

You can save money by softmodding, but it still technically voids your warrenty. If something happens that you can't clean the mod off before sending it in to be repaired, your stuck with a bill.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 04:10 PM

Default 100% Safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadalius
You can save money by softmodding, but it still technically voids your warrenty. If something happens that you can't clean the mod off before sending it in to be repaired, your stuck with a bill.
1-- IVE DONE WELL OVER 60+ SOFTMODS

2--and all u need to do 1st UNINSTAL the mod which the option is given when u eject the xbox N 2ND click to re-instal ms dash board n in less than 1min its 100% as if it NEVER WAS MODED
Old Feb 28, 2006, 04:12 PM

60 mods eh?? thats a drop in the bucket buddy. Besides if you could fix the problem, then you wouldn't need a warranty now would you? Most problems occur with either the hard drive or the dvd drive going out. Most problems are caused by the user not being familiar with modding and deleting something or in the case of a chip, soldering something wrong. I am very familiar with what goes wrong with installs with both chips and softmods, I do both and I couldn't tell you how many I've done. I started out doing the original 29 wire installs so I know it can go either way. All I'm saying is either way can in fact void your warranty.

Last edited by sadalius; Feb 28, 2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 04:26 PM

Default 100% warranty INTACT WITH UN-SOFTMOD

Quote:
60 mods eh?? thats a drop in the bucket buddy. Besides if you could fix the problem, then you wouldn't need a warranty now would you? Most problems occur with either the hard drive or the dvd drive going out. Most problems are caused by the user not being familiar with modding and deleting something or in the case of a chip, soldering something wrong. I am very familiar with what goes wrong with installs with both chips and softmods, I do both and I couldn't tell you how many I've done. I started out doing the original 29 wire installs so I know it can go either way. All I'm saying is either way can in fact void your warranty.
1--i don't know what your trying to get at

2--but i show other gamers HOW to softmod ON MY CAM..by SOFTMODING N UN-SOFTMODING ON MY CAM..WITH THE SAME XBOX OVER..N OVER N OVER AGAIN FOR MONTHS..n ive had gamers who would take them back UNDER WARRENTY...BECAUSE THERES 100% NO TRACE OF ANYTHING DONE TO THE XBOX ....WHAT SO EVER...im just saying what ive done...nothing MORE nothing LESS
Old Feb 28, 2006, 04:43 PM

what I am saying is it does actually void the warranty. If you check the EULA in the system info of the MS Dash, it says that it does. And I know that softmods can be hosed. Even if you use a virtual c and virtual eeprom. I've seen it. I've fixed a few that if the person that had it modded had to fix it himself, he couldn't. In which case if the xbox had gotten sent back to M$, the warranty would have been null and void because the F and G drives was still there with all his homebrew and games. In all reality, they probably wouldn't even check the hard drive for anything and just run their restore utility and be done with it. But there is that chance that they will.

I do applaud your efforts with helping people by cam though. I highly respect anyone that helps others out with getting the most from their xbox.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 04:53 PM

Default Non Ms Warrenty

Quote:
what I am saying is it does actually void the warranty. If you check the EULA in the system info of the MS Dash, it says that it does. And I know that softmods can be hosed. Even if you use a virtual c and virtual eeprom. I've seen it. I've fixed a few that if the person that had it modded had to fix it himself, he couldn't. In which case if the xbox had gotten sent back to M$, the warranty would have been null and void because the F and G drives was still there with all his homebrew and games. In all reality, they probably wouldn't even check the hard drive for anything and just run their restore utility and be done with it. But there is that chance that they will.

I do applaud your efforts with helping people by cam though. I highly respect anyone that helps others out with getting the most from their xbox.
1--THE BEST WARRENTY is to get it at the STORE you but it from...BEST BUY...CIRCUIT CITY...EB..GAMESTOP..SOFTWARE ETC.......this r stores that sells EXTENDED WARRENTY'S and after a UN-SOFTMOD if for some OTHER REASON that something went wrong with the xbox u can get it REPLACED....i only say this because its how i do it for my LOCAL GAMERS n its what i tell others how to get there UN-SOFTMODED XBOX REPLACED.

2--getting the MS warrenty is a hassle to SHIP n WAIT..INSTORE warrenty just TAKE IT BACK...and walk out with a new one n get it SOFTMODED

3--thanks i try to do what i can..for our XBOX GAMERS