CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 01, 2005, 01:10 PM

Question Administrator Password W2000 Pro

sponsored links

Can anyone help me to recover a forgotten Administratorís Log On to Windows password for an IBM A22m ThinkPad using Windows 2000 Pro? I am the original owner and the notebook did not come with a Win 2000 CD. The install program is located on a hidden partition of the HD. Thank you for your help.

Arcachon67
Old Jul 02, 2005, 11:46 AM

Cool Happy Saturday

Greetings,

Try oh try to remember, are you sure all the users on your desktop arent admin users most peoples home machines are, in which case you can change the admin password yourself...

You could go to a HACK site but thats up to you.....

This sites got the detailed instructions for a fix involving installation of another w2k installation on your own machine to access your own system it does work..

***********.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password_alternate_logon_tric k.htm

Their are shortcuts to this involving another machine but if you had to ask you dont have the experience to try as you may crash both systems.

You can always just change your current installation disk to be a slave, install a new os installation on a new master then copy your files back.

Have Fun

Old Jul 02, 2005, 01:21 PM

Smile Password Recovered

Many thanks for the suggestions. I followed the link to loginrecovery.com and downloaded its program which created a bootable disk that created an image of my logon password. I uploaded the image to their site and they decoded it, free for a 48 hour wait or about $20. to do it immediately.