CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 01, 2007, 12:38 PM

Default Problem solved!

sponsored links

HP asked for the DVD drive back, I sent it to them, and they are sending me the newest one back...probably the DVD 840...should see it in the next 2 weeks.
Old Jan 09, 2007, 02:52 PM

I think it can't be the drives problem... Especially if it reads some of the disks.
Old Apr 02, 2007, 05:16 AM

Default there's nothing wrong with your system or drive ...

the file(s) on your cd / dvd are hidden.

in microsoft windows,

menu options, tools, folder options, view, click the 'show hidden files and folders' radio button.
Old May 08, 2007, 04:19 AM

Cool

I've got the same problem, but I got some detail information that can be useful:

First, if I insert a CD in a drive at boottime (or forgot one when shutting down), my drive recognizes all CDs correctly.
I've got 2 optical drives and the one at this time is functioning perfectly, the other one not. If I place a CD that is recognized in the first drive into the second one, Windows fails to see anything on it.
In drive manager, Windows sees the amount of data, but not the file system (should be CDFS). Instead, it states that the used file system is "RAW".

I happen to have a CD burned in a Mac. If inserted in the first drive, it is recognized as "UDF" (true) and readable. If inserted in the second one, it's RAW again... and unreadable.

@hmazuji: I hope you were only kidding. Your statements [I]("hidden files and folders" / "mission: impossible" / "self destruct")[/I] are either only meant to be funny (and not helping at all) or they are totally off-topic. In any way, they are not helpful.
Old May 22, 2007, 01:39 AM

Default heLLLLL........................................... ...................O

I got somewhat similar problem with my sony laptop, but my laptop reads some CD and some says the same as described by [I][B]dlancelot[/B][/I] and i also do have some problems with my nero CD burner.

if anyone has the solution Please do post i really require these stuffs to fix my computer.

Thanks....
Old Jun 04, 2007, 10:36 PM

Default rachel77788

Interesting, this is cool, nearly made my day.

***********.download.com/Bingo-iPod-Converter-Suite/3000-2194_4-10679677.html