CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 07, 2006, 06:14 AM

Lightbulb

sponsored links

a while ago i had the same problem. i just copied the cd and then used the copied one. that worked, so you can try that....

as for the other problem about crashing before the start scene, did you use that patch that improves the backgrund graphics?
Old Jun 04, 2006, 10:57 PM

Default Saving???

Hi,

I just downloaded a version off Torrent. It's working fine except I can't seem to be able to save. When I'm about to save, it asks for a slot - apparently it is looking for a Playstation slot - which of course my PC isn't built for. I've looked hard for a FFVIII PC Manual but can't seem to find one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
ben
Old Jun 05, 2006, 06:39 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Here's an idea for you Ben, buy the bloody game instead of stealing it via Bit Torrent.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 02:17 PM

Hi... I have a bigger problem.... i bought the game for PC several years back, but now imjust replaying it, and i realized that i lost disc 2.... so im kind of screwed... does anyone have any idea how to go around that? Because i have all discs just not that one... therefore i cant even copy the neccessary files onto my hd and run it without cds...

anyways thanks for the help
Old Jun 16, 2006, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerisjay
I've got a problem aswell thats completely eluding me. I've loaded on my FF8 to my new computer after not playing it for awhile and it seemed to install fine, except when you click to play the program FREEZES randomly into the first screne with "EIDIOS INTERACTIVE" not even getting me to the start screen.

HELP!>>!?!?!?!?
start->run->type "dxdiag"->select "sound" and set the hardware acceleration to the minimum, that should fix it (even if the post is old, it may help others, as i needet nearly 2 days finding that one...)
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:03 PM

my game crashes and goes to desktop every time i try to get past the forest part in disc 1 with laguna and kiros and ward...anyone have similar problems/ solutions?
specifically its in a battle with a funguar that it crashes