CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 20, 2006, 02:37 PM

Default pixel problem

sponsored links

i have a with the pixels in final fantasy 8 there are a lot of black squares in the background and i already install the patch that was supposed to fix it since i have an nvidia geforce 6150 le graphics card, but it didn't work. do u have to install it in a certain directory?
Old Mar 10, 2007, 01:20 AM

Default video problems (FMV)

hi there... i'm new here and i seek wisdom from you all. straight to the point. i've been experiencing video problems. namely with the cutscenes and videos. i'm quite pissed at this as i wanted to play and finish the game. the issue i have with the video:

1. at the start of a new game, i must choose low quality video or the intro video will freeze and returns to desktop.

2. during the dance video, if i use low quality, the video will freeze at the part where rinoa tries to have squall dance with her. the video becomes distorted and it crashes to desktop. i've tried playing it with my dad's laptop but with the same results.

3. also during the dance video, if i use high quality the video will play a bit longer up until the part where rinoa says sorry to squall and walks away from him. the video gets stuck there and crashes back to desktop. also the same thing happens if i tried playing it on my dad's laptop.

are these problems from my own pc or does it came from the game cd? the game was inside a dvd.

my pc spec:

p4 3.0GHz HT
1023 MB RAM
Hard disk space: > 100GBs
sound card: sound blaster audigy ls
graphics card: HIs ATi Radeon 9600 SE

what seems to be the problem? i really want to play the game again. pls help...
Old Apr 18, 2007, 08:13 PM

Well i got a new problem lol i bought my FFVIII and i can play it on WIN XP version but with WIN VISTA i can't use it so i wonder how to make a patch for this version cuz i got all the requirements but i canīt play it....i hope that anybody could help and i know that WIN VISTA sucks at some things

Last edited by L Lawliet; Apr 18, 2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old May 01, 2007, 01:02 PM

hi, i recently brought final fantasy VIII for the pc. however, when i run the game and press the 'New Game' button it says insert disk 1. So i insert disk one and it comes up with 'Wrong Disk INsterted'. I have tried all the disks but none work. anyone know why or how to get it working. Also, how do i get the game working without the disks. Is there a patch like some other games that lets it work without?

THanks in advance

Edit: Right i have sorted out the dick problem using the guida a few pages back. however, i am still interested in getting FF8 working without the disks. Any way of doing it?

Last edited by the_Tom; May 01, 2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old May 02, 2007, 09:47 PM

Default Lost FFVIII Install Disc

My question is: I bought the game years and years ago and the other day I had the desire to play it. However I lost the install disc so my other four disc are pretty much useless. Is there anywhere I can get an install file so I can play the game? Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 05, 2007, 11:28 PM

press start and go to run, type in regedit, drop down the following folders on the left side, hkey_local_machine, software, square soft inc, final fantasy viii then click on 1.00.
over to the right in the main box now, right click on datapath and select modify, change the drive letter to what ever cd drive your using followed by :, ie f: and it will work fine, and to the problem with a missing disk, use bit torrent sites to download it, you have paid for the original so it is not illegal...... as far as i know!
as for the vista problem, i got no clues, im having the same problem with mine but i decided it was much easier to have a duel boot system so if i got problems with games on vista i can just install them on xp and switch over

Last edited by holtz; Jun 05, 2007 at 11:42 PM.