CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 12, 2005, 01:21 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

well it would be wouldnt it !! where the fook is it gonna get the system files from Handyguy ??? the only time you would use the /s command is if you were formatting the drive and wanted to keep the original system files, which appear to have been corrupted in the first place, or if you wanted to transfer the system files from another source .

edit................

here is a cheat Ive used successfully before in your situation, put the hard drive back onto the PC on the second ribbon again, delete both of the partitions you currently have, allow you current version of Xp to format the drive and only create one partition the active primary partition.. copy your full disc contents (CDROM contents) onto the drive, now open up the drive and double click the setup.exe file, let windows steer you through the beginnings of the installation, ensure its installing on the correct drive, part way through the install, switch off your PC.. do not power it down, just switch it off...

Take the lappy driveoff the PC and refit it to the laptop, boot up the laptop, i have done this before, the laptop should see the partial install and tell you its not complete it met and unexpected problem and do you wanna finish it off, answer yes... As I sed this has wrked for me before.

Last edited by Nuttapper; Sep 12, 2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 01:26 PM

hmmm i really dont know what to try next

...?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 02:35 PM
Veteran

see above
Old Sep 13, 2005, 12:41 PM
Veteran

What's the reasoning behind your editorial comments Nut?

""invalid perameter - /s""

Did you use a space, cause you need to type it right, format c:/s not format c: /s

Try:
***********.pcguide.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-657.html
Old Sep 13, 2005, 02:58 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyguy
What's the reasoning behind your editorial comments Nut?

""invalid perameter - /s""

Did you use a space, cause you need to type it right, format c:/s not format c: /s

Try:
***********.pcguide.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-657.html
Handyguy, answer me this... where are the system files going to get copied from ??

you need to read through that post you have linked to, you will see they have told Alan Wison, the files are copies from a system disk or startup disk

So in this case where are the system files going to be copied from ??
Old Sep 18, 2005, 06:52 AM

ok...

i have installed windows on the laptop hard drive but it still says ntldr missing as soon as i switch the laptop on.

i have been told this sometimes comes on if the bios isnt correct (telling the computer to boot from the hard disk).

how do i get into my bios now?

when i switch the laptop on, it flashes up saying sony on the screen and then it says ntldr missing straight away. i have tried hitting keys like del, f2, f10 from when i switch it on, but nothing happens, it still jus goes straight to "ntldr missing".

the laptop doesnt even come on if their is no hard disk in it.