CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 11, 2005, 06:19 PM

Default Can anyone confirm karaoke legislation

sponsored links

I dont know if its true or not but I have been doing a karaoke night occasionally at my local, but I have had to disguise it as a singalong disco night because they have not had an entertainments licence and therefore not legally allowed a karaoke night.But tonight the landlady has told me she has been to a brewery meeting and it is now legal to have a karaoke night without an enetertainments licence.
Can any of you guys that are keyed up on this sort of thing confirm it one way or another as you all know this has been quite and restriction for years.
Cheers
CC
p.s Bases on UK rules !
Old Sep 13, 2005, 01:52 AM

Default karaoke law

if i had my way i would lock you up and through the key away in hull you need a venue with an entertainments thingy me bob but some backwater places dont bother and a blind eye is turned the other way with the authoritties as they dont have the man power to back it up thank god for that i would have been screwed a long time ago and i havent been screwed yet did i just say that ring soon let me no how you are noing you your on holliday again
Old Sep 13, 2005, 01:54 AM

Default karaoke law

if i had my way i would lock you up and through the key away in hull you need a venue with an entertainments thingy me bob but some backwater places dont bother and a blind eye is turned the other way with the authoritties as they dont have the man power to back it up thank god for that i would have been screwed a long time ago and i havent been screwed yet did i just say that ring soon let me no how you are doing your on holliday again i bet
Old Sep 13, 2005, 11:48 AM

"Locked up an throw the key away"***i COULD DO WITH A BL**DY REST.
Anyway hope you are well,How did you know I was going on holiday soon ?
I just actually booked for a cheapy over to spain on Oct 2nd for a week so I might set upon some oke bars and give it some welly.
Anyone know any karaoke bars in Loret de ma ?
Cheers
CC
Old Sep 15, 2005, 05:30 PM

Right !, lets get this into perspective!.
The Boozer / Pub/ Club, needs a Performing Rights Society Licence, the cost of which is calculated on the Square Listening area, and also by the number of peaople the venue can safely hold.
My mate has only this week been nabbed by the PRS for not holding a licence ,and the guy promply left after an hour with a £1,800 + Vat cheque in his back pocket !!!!.
We ( DJ's) can now purchase a Digital PPL Licence for the princely sum of £250 + vat ( for 12 months)this entitles you to LEGALLY download MP3s , and/or Transpose the tracks from vynl, cd,tape into mp3 and put them on a hard drive and use them for our disco's.
the amount you can have on a drive (total) is 20,000 tracks.
I believe i a right in saying that, THIS DOES NOT COVER KARAOKE !!!.
So the question is WHAT THE HELL LICENCE DOES !!!!.
Answers/Info , please , Guys !!.

As a PS , to the original post, if you play ANY music of any sort in a Public House or Club , or even a Shop! ,you have to have a PRS Licence, even if it is only background/wallpaper Music you are playing,
and......... i dare anyone to tell me any different!!!!.
Details of the Licence can be Found from off the "Mastermix" Site
www.mastermixdj.com
LICENCE FAQ

Last edited by CEEJAY; Sep 15, 2005 at 05:56 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 05:53 PM

hummm a very interesting subject will look in to this more

ps wher are you captain casein england or scotland as the laws differ sum