CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:36 PM

Default hi cdg man

sponsored links

I am in north wales but the the land lady in the local is absolutly convinced you no longer need an entertainments licence for karaoke and this has only changed recently.
So any feed back from anyone or any info would be appreciated.
Cheers
cc
Old Sep 17, 2005, 04:39 AM

This may help!
***********.leeds.gov.uk/living/entertainment,%20news%20and%20what's%20on/Public%20entertainment%20licensing/Licensing%20Act%202003%20-%20frequently%20asked%20questions/page.aspx?style=.
(copy and paste into browser)

As far as i read it , it basically says that if you don't have pemission for karaoke or any other form of entertainment now, you still have to apply, the new license just does away with the different types of license and incorporates everything under one premises license. unless you read it differently in which case let me know lol.

Steve

Last edited by stevebicks; Sep 17, 2005 at 04:43 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 05:45 AM

I think you will find that what you are talking about is the Licence for the premises, this comes under a different licence from what i talked about in my earlier post.
The crunch comes down to the DJ who is also in the premises, to ensure that he/she has a PPL Licence to play HIS/HER music, even if the premises is only playing a radio in the bar (as background music) ,they still have to have a PERFORMING RIGHTS LICENCE, usually Companies who rent out a jukebox to the landlord, automatically cover the premises.
But this would have to be clarified at the point of rental by the owner/landlord.
The performing rights licence covers the copyright of playing music, in any public situation.
Anymore info you guys can input, will help all of us to understand what is, a nightmare minefield !.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 07:21 AM

My response was to answer capt c's question, this link may explain more regarding ceejays question ***********.ppluk.com/
follow the other links regarding digital dj license

*apologies to anyone who read this before i edited it lol.*

the link above still in my opinion leaves a lot of grey areas

Last edited by stevebicks; Sep 17, 2005 at 07:55 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 07:59 AM

I have been round for a while doing the music thing in one way shape or form, and basically as I see the jukebox licence covers obviosly jukebox / music background / disco.s and solo & duo,not karaoke, but a live entertainments licence covers everything mentioned above and live bands (i.e more than two people)and [B]karaoke[/B]. but i believe the licence change now moves karaoke into the basic licence for jukeboxes etc,which most pubs and clubs have anyway.****I may be wrong on this hence this thread.
More feed back please
Cheers
cc
Old Sep 17, 2005, 08:11 AM

I've got the manager of one of the pubs i do who is going to try find out off the brewery exactly the situation and will be getting back to me on monday so hopefully i may be able to to shed more light then lol.