CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:42 PM

Default Svid to Tv Monitor...no color

sponsored links

I have a Toshiba laptop and connect to the TV thru s-video out and an RCA plug to my TV. I use the dual display function on XP to extend my display to the TV. It works fine after I use the mouse cursor to move the karaoke screen off to the side. The problem is, the TV display is in color. I am in USA (NTSC). I have an ATI Mobility RADEON 9000 graphics card. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamalama
I have a Toshiba laptop and connect to the TV thru s-video out and an RCA plug to my TV. I use the dual display function on XP to extend my display to the TV. It works fine after I use the mouse cursor to move the karaoke screen off to the side. The problem is, the TV display is in color. I am in USA (NTSC). I have an ATI Mobility RADEON 9000 graphics card. Any suggestions?
Hmmm? Not sure exacly what you are saying. Is there [B]no[/B] color on the TV?

I have an ATI Radeon card that I run to three TV's. On two of the screens I get color, on the one farthest away from my computer, I get BW. I have tried boosting the signal, rewiring, nothing works.

I think the ATI cards are not able to drive the signal to the TV's enough. I had them all working with my AverMedia box.

If you figure this out let me know too.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 06:24 PM
Veteran

S-Video carries the picture (luminance) and colour (chrominance) signal components separately. If you don`t use a proper S-vid to composite (rca) connector you will get no colour.
I presume this is what your problem is - despite your rambling description
Old Sep 12, 2005, 07:59 PM

Default Svid to Tv Monitor...no color

My apologies! The problem is.....the display on the TV is in black and white. MODO, you may be right. When I bought the adapter I have now, it was
"S-video" to 2 RCA pins (a red 1 and a white 1, which seemed like it should be for audio). I will get another adapter, and post the results. Thanks all.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 07:42 PM

I got a new connector. Voila! I got COLOR! It was the S-video to RCA adapter that was the problem. Thanks a ton for saving me a ton of time troubleshooting other settings and stuff.