CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 21, 2005, 09:08 AM

Default What software program will do both the best Karaoke and Dj

sponsored links

I use sax-n-dotty 2.143 program for karaoke which is great,no complaints,seems better than mtu,tricer soft,karaoke-merry-go-round,which takes a computer expert to use,but still you have to run a dj program if you play dj music at your karaoke shows.. I was wondering what other people use at there shows..?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 03:44 AM

Default What I Use is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe
I use sax-n-dotty 2.143 program for karaoke which is great,no complaints,seems better than mtu,tricer soft,karaoke-merry-go-round,which takes a computer expert to use,but still you have to run a dj program if you play dj music at your karaoke shows.. I was wondering what other people use at there shows..?

Hello,
The program I use is PCDJ+Karaoke plugin..
Its so simple to use and you can mix your music with it too... You can even queue up loads of tracks and put it on auto pilot, in case you need the toilet or something...
great program
Old Sep 22, 2005, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe
Jimmy Joe,

This may sound stupid, but I use Winamp.

For Dj, I use the crossfader plug-in.

Most of my Dj shows I run videos, so I use the Vid plug-in.

For karaoke I use CDG plug-in.

Have been running shows this way for 3 years, and people love it. Get tons of positive comments, epecially Video DJing, as I run theme shows with some very unique, rare videos.

I tried PCDJ+Karaoke and another proggy I can't remember, and was not impressed. Winamp is still the simplest out there. You can crossfade and over talk without any problems...there is no way to adjust beat though.

Dennis
Old Sep 22, 2005, 10:08 AM

Default winamp for DJ

I use winamp for all the karaoke stuff, and "pacemaker" plugin lets you alter beat, pitch etc. but it really aint good enough for proper DJing.
You cannot cue songs up properly or beat match which is essential for any sort of mixing.
Really if you want to go the computer DJ route, then PCDJ with one of the DAC controllers which mimics a real CD player, is the way to go.
I use computers for karaoke stuff and stick to CDs for DJing.