CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 05, 2005, 04:08 AM

Default help with dell

sponsored links

i have a dell dimension 2400 running win xp home edition only had it 5 months got error message saying system 32 error could not do anything with it so i went to install win xp again it has now been loading xp for 12 hours and is still installing windows any ideas on why it is taking so long i have had to get old computer out so i can access web
thanks
Old Oct 05, 2005, 07:14 PM

Red face

If you could have had more information concerning the system32 error you were getting, we could have saved you some time re-building.

As it is I can only suggest you try and backup anything you have on it of importance, check to see you have your drivers CD from Dell and start from scratch. Get yourself copies of bootdisks made (you can download from bootdisk.com) if you don't have. And once you have done the above format and start a clean install. From years of experience this is the best way to go, as re-installing over the top of an existing installation can cause more problems.

Just out of curiosity whose idea was it to re-install Windows?
Old Oct 06, 2005, 05:22 AM

i had to reinstall windows as this was the only way of starting comp
did a diagnostic on it here is error
error 0700 0120 no cache detected cache might be disabled defective or not present
system error illegal attempt to disable intel ich smi without restoring original values first
processor test error 0700 120
goes as far as l1 datacache walking bit test
exeption occured in module usbuhci.mdmfile uhci.cpp line 828
computer still very slow
Old Oct 06, 2005, 05:58 PM

Smile

Sounds like your RAM has had it, if it's under warranty I would get it replaced.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 03:49 PM

Default I have the same problem

Hi Malla1
I have the same problem with my PC Dell, did you find the solution?

Thanks, Victor
Old Nov 30, 2005, 04:11 PM

hi victor
never found what problem was emailed dell many times they even phoned me to do checks on computer in the end got sick and sent snotty email threatening to take it further got email back off them arranging to pick up computer waiting now for it to be picked up
if yours is under 12 months old get in touch with them