CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 11, 2005, 06:03 AM

Question xircom Ethernet 10/100

sponsored links

Can any one out there tell me what the diff is between a Xircom realport Ethernet 10/100 re-100 card and a Xircom realport cardbus Ethernet 10/100 rbe-100 card and witch card is the better one to use

Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2005, 05:32 PM

Cool

The ethernet card provides a standardized way of connecting computers together to create a network. Because DSL technology requirements far exceeds the lower speed limits of standard serial/parallel connections now built-in most PCs, a connection technology capable of interfacing at higher speeds was required; Ethernet technology, capable of sustaining traffic volumes of up to 10MB, was chosen as the technology of choice.

Cardbus is the trade name for an advanced PC Card specification which is used primarily in notebook and portable computers. It fits into the slot like a conventional PC Card. But it's performance is enhanced over conventional PC cards with support for direct memory access, usse of a 32-bit path for data transfer and an operating speed which is several times greater.