CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 04, 2005, 10:41 AM

Default Awesome batch file secrets

sponsored links

Post in here any neat batch file secrets you have found!

know how to hide the execution of a batch?
what about have a batch change the registry?
shutdown the computer?
wait for an event to occur before executing anohter part of its script?

just these and many more are awesome batch file secrets!

If you want to post something useful, you must put down:
Title of batch command
Detailed description
Notes about usage and possiblities if command when mixed with others
Compatability especially, because windows 98 is NOT the same as XP
and most importantly, a detailed syntax with 2-3 coding examples.

It is my sincere hope that this thread becomes something good and wholesome that many will reference, and that perhaps one day will be known as a very important aspect of this forum.

because you cant be considered 1337 unless you know some batch

GHT
Old Nov 05, 2005, 04:03 PM

Default You have got to be kidding me

has this forum seriously gone downhill in the past year or something?

It used to be I could post something here, then in less than a day there would be several posts, at least one of which would be helpful.

but nothing...at all!? for something this neat?

I will post some of my secrets here later, but seriously guys...there should at least be ONE POST HERE!
Old Nov 05, 2005, 06:54 PM
Veteran

Well then, why don`t you start the ball rolling and enlighten us all with your superior knowledge of batch files/executables?
I am sure we are all waiting with bated breath for your pearls of wisdom..
Over to you professor
Old Nov 05, 2005, 08:40 PM

Default i'm down with that

I have no problem with that:

How to Hide the execution of ANY batch file:
put THIS:
@Echo OFF
SetLocal ENABLEEXTENSIONS

ShowConsole HIDE

Before anything you execute, and also put the
showconsole.exe program file in the same directory as the batch.
I dont have an FTP server or website at the moment, so bear with me on this one.

If you want a batch to run indefinatly until some criteria is met, then put it all into an IF, THEN statement.

IF ( [something] ) ELSE ( CALL [name of your batch file] )

To conserve some system resources, and do a neat trick at the same time you can add a timer onto that last part of the statement avove using ping!

ELSE ( PING -n 127.0.0.1 > NUL
[CALL nameofbatch.bat] )

Another trick that falls under neato, is net send, yes thats' right, Net Send, two separate words. gotta remember that! simply type: Net Send [name of computer] "what you want to say" and the netsend will be sent as soon as the line is run by the batch file.

My final trick this day in closing, and ironically so, is to shut down said computer once the task is complete. in windows 2000 and xp you simply type, call devcon.exe reboot, and make sure that devcon.exe (special shutdown .exe for win2000) is in the same dir. I dont have an FTP, so use hte next best thing: Google.

These four tricks alone can do some pretty mean things! you can have a batch run in the background and automatically copy somebody's flash drive contents to a folder buried deep within the C:/ drive, and they would never know...or to be even more evil, copy then DELETE all their files!

Drop the Bat into some far off folder, buried within C:/ and then apend to the end of autoexec.bat to run your bat with a simple call name of your bat.bat

In sumation:
The perfect use of this program would be to stop p0s3r hax0rs from running LCP on your mathcines, by having the bat look for E:\lcp\lcp.exe.

you have it run from startup, and keep it stealthy using htat little stealth trick. For incriminating evidence, make it copy the drive, then finish the p0s3r off using the delete command. make the computer netsend you which computer had LCP in the flash drive so you can go over and kick the guy out of the lab. also, having the computer shut down suddenly is perfect for this, because while p0s3r hax0r wonders WTF, mate? you are on him in mere seconds. you could also use netsend to send him a really mean message like by having netsend send to [name of computer bat is on] something like "j0 f00! No LCP on PC, ph34r teh 1337 admin hax0r b3hind j00!"

Though this leaves the question: How would you have the bat activly scan a recently inserted flash drive (Drive E:/ on most PCs) for LCP.exe, instead of just asuming the guy was not 1337 enough to put the program into a randomly named filder....

anyone?
Old Nov 06, 2005, 04:57 PM
Veteran

Well done
Old Nov 06, 2005, 07:22 PM

Default Is that all?

Well, I have spilled the beans on some of my better secrets.

anyone else got some? or you all just going to view the page and take note of what I have found and shared with us all without giving back to the forum?

dont be a leech, post something! even if its rather rudimentary.

I still dont know how to edit registry keys using a batch..but I want to learn how!
Closed Thread