CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 09, 2005, 07:19 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Can you solve this with a batch file execution gregoriev, it would need a program closing and then restarting, after deleting two files

I have on my desktop two files called shutdown.exe and shutdown1.exe. they were attempts to write a small script to shut down a PC running Xp Pro,

C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -t

C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown1.exe -t

because its a program Xp uses as part of it's loadup, the files cannot be deleted from the desktop as windows says the files are in use, even in safe mode.

Regards

Marimo beat you to it gregoriev, repeating some one elses work isn't 1337 either !

Last edited by Nuttapper; Nov 10, 2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 12:58 AM

Well, I have no idea on how to do that with a batch file, but I use a free program called Unlocker. It basically unloads the file from whatever process is using it so you can delete it.

[URL=********ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/]Clicky!

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 01:09 PM
Veteran

Thanks very much Marimo, that worked like a charm

Would still like to see a script written though to do the same job, If we have any 1337 guys in the house please step forward, if not ...ahwell
Old Dec 02, 2005, 09:51 PM

dude...if did you even read my post for two second? I mean TWO seconds!?

my batch called an external .exe I found on the internet called devcon.exe. I already knew about the shutdown command, and used it against my fellow classmates as a practical joke for several months now.

notice how its not spelled shutdown.exe...funny how two totally different names refer to totally different things. I dont even know who your talking about, but if they explained shutdown.exe for windows XP, then good for them. I however was explaining devcon.exe.

why did I prefer to use devcon instead of the more know and less 1337 shutdown.exe? simple: shutdown.exe does not exist for windows 2000, and since devcon.exe works for both xp and 2000, its crossplatform ability gives it a +1 for portability in my book.

know your stuff before you dare say I copied anyones work. I also stated above that you sould post anything, even if its rudementary. this is the freaken internet, everything I say has been said by somebody somewhere at some time!

I had hoped that we might get some people who had a few tomes of knowlege to leave us...but it seems everyone here, except marimo/nuttapper.
I say both because aparent marimo posted the shutdown infor involving shutdown.exe somewhere previously that I had not seen, and nuttapper gave the command, syntax, and fact it worked in xp. although it must be known that it ONLY works in xp, NOT windows 2000.

nuff said,
GHT
Old May 24, 2009, 12:04 AM

Default Make a batch file talk!

***********.youtube.com/watch?v=jdf15XfgwHc
Old Sep 19, 2009, 08:00 AM

Default Hi

You guys are simpley great!!!

really got some good ideas which i heard first time only.
Closed Thread