CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 12, 2005, 10:37 PM

sponsored links

went ahead and ran sfc /scannow. everything went well. so far it hasn't froze yet but i've notice that it's taking a really long time loading cnn sports page. I have cnn.com as my homepage, it loads that no problem. If i click on anything in the menu it loads it no problem except the sports. it just stays loading for a few minutes. I need to refresh of click on home then try again. Any suggestions? Again all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

alk
Old Nov 14, 2005, 09:02 PM
Veteran

Use partition magic to convert to NTFS, this will convert the file format without the loss of data, this is what i use to change FAT32 to NTFS.

I think you can change the file system in My computer - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management, not sure as mine is already NTFS, but i think you can if your file sys is FAT32, as it will change from FAT32 to NTFS, but not the other way round.

Freezing could also be the first signes of your video card on its way out, i know this as i have had to replace mine due to this, if you can get hold of another card to try, this would prove it one way or another.

colin.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:06 PM

i went and converted to ntfs but it was still freezing. then insomniac suggested it do sfc /scannow and that seem to do the job. Thanx to everyone that took their time to help me out. i really appreciate it.

alkatrazz2
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:29 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler68
Use partition magic to convert to NTFS, this will convert the file format without the loss of data, this is what i use to change FAT32 to NTFS.

Why would you suggest that when XP has that ability built-in?

Quote:
I think you can change the file system in My computer - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management, not sure as mine is already NTFS, but i think you can if your file sys is FAT32, as it will change from FAT32 to NTFS, but not the other way round.

I already explained how to do that in XP, and you [b]CAN[/b] convert from NTFS to FAT32 using a third party tool, but data corruption may occur.

Quote:
Freezing could also be the first signes of your video card on its way out

You can't say that with any certainty, and you are just having a wild guess which isn't based on any fact or logic.

This isn't picking on you, but I can't stand it when people post crap as if they are an expert.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac
This isn't picking on you.
You are.
This is a great post to bump to the top. See how you insulted a forum member above? That makes you an as$hole.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:36 PM
Veteran

You don`t need to insult a forum member to be an a$$h0le, some people are just born a$$h0les