CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:35 AM

Default Chankast needs self-bootable image?

sponsored links

Hey everyone, I've just started using Chankast recently to relive some of my DC (which was sold) memories and I'm loving it. I've managed to get and play Shenmue and PowerStone2 so far with no problems (except most Shenmue music loop).

I was eager to play Ecco The Dolphin and Jet Set Radio but when I got them and tried playing them on Chankast it opened the BIOS to play audio cd with 1 Track (JSR - 64 mins and EtD -79 mins). Ecco is an .NRG filetype image while JSR is .CDI like Shenmue and PowerStone2.

I've noticed that Windows XP detects Ecco and JetSet as a CD-Rom while Shen and PowerS2 are considered Music CDs. If I explore them I noticed that JetSet, Shen and PowerS2 have a 1ST_READ.BIN file while Ecco has none - the only ones are 0.BIN and IP.BIN.

On the JetSet folder name where the image is it says (nonboot) while on PowerS2's it says autoboot. (Shen and Ecco don't say anything).

I've been thinking the problem might be due that Ecco and JetSet are not self-bootable or something like that. Can someone explain me better what should I do with my *.nrg image to make it into a Chankast-playable *.cdi image? All I've been finding around are ways to burn a self bootable cd to play on your Dreamcast.

I, however, just wish to create a self bootable image like the Shenmue and PowerStone2 images.

Thanks for your help!