CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 23, 2006, 08:07 PM

Talking I am confused and need help with DC burning. PLEASE HELP

sponsored links

Hello,
Recently I have began learning how to burn DC games to my 1999 dreamcast. I have been able to burn a few files that came as .cdi files under 700mb. However, I recently "finally" found (worms, world party). It came .rar. I opened the .rar and noticed it came in 18 extensions. titled .001, .002, and so on. I double clicked on the first one, (.001), and ran unpack. It turned into a .cdi file. Well, heres where i get confused!!! The .cdi file is about 760mb. I read somewere about using dummy file, I created a dummyfile as explained in examples and then I had a .bin. However there is nothing in the dummyfile. I guess I am the dummy now! So, My problem is, I have this .cdi file that is to large to burn on to a cd. I have pretty much every program that I will need but No Idea what to do. I am really hoping someone out there has a answer to my question. Thank You!
Old Mar 23, 2006, 08:14 PM

Default also...

please make your explanation.....as easy to understand as possible.
Thanks again!
Old Mar 24, 2006, 04:15 PM

no youre not a dummy but if I was fred sanford well hmmmmm.........

u dont need a dummy file for cdi forget that. get discjuggler go to options make sure overburn is checked so you can put more than 700 mb on a cd. thenon your burning options use mode 2 raw write add gap to 3rd party image and cd-xa burn that sucker and there ya go. get discjuggler for free @ www.padus.com if u already have it then go burn and write back with questions [B]now go little grasshopper![/B]
Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:49 AM

Talking Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!
THANK YOU!!!!
I have been trying to figure this $HIT out for days... and every sight I go to fills my head with garbage. You just made my day! YOU ROCK!
Again.... Thanks