CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:33 PM

Default bin2boot not working properly?

sponsored links

using xp. I made my game file and dummy file to add up to 600mb. Im trying trying to run the bin2boot because it should add 75-100mb ontop of the file from what I have read. Bin2boot asks something about "ip" i click yes. The next line I type in 1st_read.bin. and after that the prog just instantly closes. I checked my file file and its still reading 600mb. wtf??

ive tried several versions too.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 07:38 PM

Kenzilla, I am having the same problem. I have done some research and found that it has to do with a file called autoexec.nt this file is in the windows section of your computer. I have read that what must be done is take the file from C:\Windows\Repair and put it in the directory C:\Windows\System32. Once you put the file in the correct directory you must change its properties as well. Right click on the file go to properties and uncheck read only and hidden. This must be done so that the file wont dissapear when you restart your computer.
Please write back if this helps and if you fix it.